Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Seat positions on Alumacraft - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 12-18-2015, 09:29 AM
Minnow

Cool Seat positions on Alumacraft

I recently bought an Alumacraft Competitor 165 Tiller with a Yamaha 70. I have only taken the boat out twice so far. I like it. When I bought it, I asked the sales guy about the seat position for the driver which seemed to much in center. I asked him it they could move it for me. He said "the lawyers" won't let them. I have no reason to doubt him, but I'd like to move it. The other seats in the boat are OK. My question is - do I need to be aware of any gas tanks or special anything or can I just move it where I want? Anyone done this already? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boatseat.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	184305  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Wallhanger

Call Alumacraft and ask to speak to somebody in their shop.

You may not get put through to them, in which case if your not to far away from them I'd just drive down to them and ask the guys in the shop, by passing the receptionist.

Al
Old 12-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Minnow

I have the 165 Classic CS and the two front seat spots are moved straight back even, it looks like, with your rear seat spot. I have the console with four seats with one between your live well and battery box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2015, 09:49 AM
Charter Member

I sent a link of this thread to Alumacraft Customer Service. I believe that the hulls leave the factory with the drivers seat loose, so the DEALER can mount it as requested by the customer.

HRG

FYI, my last 2 Lund tillers have been supplied with aluminum backing plates under the floor, so where thru-bolts cannot be used, sheet metal screws have something to "bite" into.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1700 Explorer fuel tank 0012.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	361.4 KB
ID:	184313  

Last edited by Hot Runr Guy; 12-18-2015 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:32 PM
Charter Member

To be sure, just give the factory a call and ask your specific question to the Engineering staff.
They will be able to tell you precisely if there are issues about mounting a seat anywhere in the boat and if so, what the issues are.

By the way, if you find that you have an issue with something under the floor, do not mount a pedestal seat with a removable post.

Rather, install a permanent seat base with a bell bottom, and an adjustable height pedestal.
That way, there is nothing under the floor to cause issues, like a gas tank.

Not only that, a permanent seat is a much more stable seat. Since it is the driver's seat, there is really no reason to have it out of the boat anyway.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bell...HX6iCgAQsAQIGw

Perfect example of a very strong stable permanent seat base:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wise-Boat-...estal/10913413

or:
http://www.overtons.com/Boating-Mari...wivels-Sliders

or:
http://www.amazon.com/Wise-8WD1501-A.../dp/B004WIRHWK

--
Incidentally, I have converted my own boat's driver seat, as well as my bow seat to a permanent bell bottom mount adjustable height seat base in my boat. I have been so happy with the change, since there is virtually 0 wobble in the permanent seats.

Be safe

Tags
alumacraft