Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund 1875 Pro V - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 01-16-2021, 03:21 PM
Minnow

Default Lund 1875 Pro V

I'm looking at the Lund 1875 Pro V's and was hoping some current owners can help with a few questions I forgot to investigate at the dealer.

1. Do these actually measure 7' tall as shown on Lund's website? My garage is 6'11” with the door up and need to make sure it will fit in. I'd prefer not to deflate/inflate trailer tires every time I use the boat.

2. Does anyone troll strictly with a 24V bow mounted trolling motor? Or do you need a kicker? My Lund Alaskan did just fine with the TM but the Pro V is a lot bigger boat.

3. If I don't get a kicker now, how hard are they to install later? What are the pros and cons of a tiller kicker vs factory installed?

4. Can you through bolt a track system to the gunnels? Would like an 18” track for rod trees. Or can you use a Lund downrigger mount for a rod tree?

Any other feedback from current 1875 Pro V owners is appreciated as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2021, 06:19 PM
Wallhanger

I don’t have a Pro V but my 1775 Impact barely clears my garage door, actually it rubs on the trim. Walmart sells an adjustable height hitch that I have set at a low position which allows enough room for me to pull the boat in and out without it rubbing. I don’t tow it this way i swap the hitch outside of the garage.
Old 01-16-2021, 06:45 PM
Minnow

That's interested because the 1775 Impact is listed at 6 feet 9 inches on the trailer. What's the height from the concrete to the door when open?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2021, 06:52 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewdrozd View Post
That's interested because the 1775 Impact is listed at 6 feet 9 inches on the trailer. What's the height from the concrete to the door when open?
It’s 7’, the adjustable hitch gives me plenty of room to get under it.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:17 PM
Minnow

So you lower the hitch, which lowers the tongue of the trailer, and therefore lowers the windshield to fit in the garage?
Old 01-16-2021, 07:58 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

On many boats the motor cowl is the high point, not necessarily the windshield.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:58 PM
Charter Member

Some motors can be higher than the windshield, measure both.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:59 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewdrozd View Post
So you lower the hitch, which lowers the tongue of the trailer, and therefore lowers the windshield to fit in the garage?
Yes it gives me a few inches of clearance. Other things matter such as the height of your tow vehicle & the height of the garage apron compared to the garage floor. My apron is sloped for water run off so my tow vehicle actually sits lower than the garage floor which helps as well.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:52 AM
Slot Fish

Default 1875 pro v

I have a 1875 pro v with a 200 pro xs v8 and also have a 7' garage door. I had to cut the bottom of L iron that attaches to the door opener because it hangs down to low. I also raised the opener and back of the rails for more clearance. I did get a scratch on the top of the cowling before I did this. I have a 14' garage door but wished I would have put in a 8 foot high door. I let my motor down some before backing it in and raise it up after motor clears door when removing from garage.
Old 01-17-2021, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

I have a 2019 1875 ProV, 200 Proxs with a custom bunk trailer and a 7' door. My dealer had the boat on the showroom floor, I told him if they brought the boat over to my house 30 miles away and it fit in the garage I would buy it. The motor cleared by 1" so I bought the boat.