Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Humminbird 360 Imaging - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 11-20-2019, 10:13 AM
Wallhanger

Default Karry something to consider

My HB are Gen 2 mega, so the Mega 360 is not compatible unless I find a Gen 3 with that said the 360 is a plus on my Gen 2. Mounted on a da-ducer stick. If you have a Gen 3 HB certainly would invest in a Mega 360. My next advice wait for the 2nd or 3rd rev. Allows for any bugs to surface and be resolved. The pricing in 2020 on the 360 will be inviting for anyone with a Gen 2 to purchase one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2020, 07:26 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPKyllo View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Humminbird 360 Imaging and if so what are your thoughts?
I may as well have taken $1500 and wiped my a@$ with it... Humminbird 360 is worthless... the you tube videos make it look awesome. It only works if the water is still and the boat is not moving... How often does that happen? Any type of wake or boat movement and the picture is static....

I will sell you a transom mount cheap if you want to try it.
112 Ulterra linked with Birds

Last edited by TimJamison11; 01-06-2020 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-06-2020, 07:27 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPKyllo View Post
Gary,
I'm curious....
From what you experienced during one season, do you think it's possible or feasible to have a transom mounted 360 down while trolling crankbaits and being able to see fish to the left or the right ahead of the boat and then being able to make adjustments to run cranks over or near the fish as you see them? Or am I dreaming?

Thanks.

Karry
You cannot use it when the boat is moving at all... it wont give you any type of picture... complete static...
Old 01-07-2020, 05:07 PM
Wallhanger

I don't know what to make of this. I see posts from plenty of people saying the 360 is the cats meow. I can't believe that they all have calm waters to fish. On my lake it's rare for there not to be wind and the boat always moving and having to be repositioned. If the boat has to be practically motionless it sure wouldn't do me much good.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:28 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWinches View Post
I don't know what to make of this. I see posts from plenty of people saying the 360 is the cats meow. I can't believe that they all have calm waters to fish. On my lake it's rare for there not to be wind and the boat always moving and having to be repositioned. If the boat has to be practically motionless it sure wouldn't do me much good.
The only time it worked well for me was in a small lake in calm water fishing Crappie on cribs, it allowed us to see how far away they were swimming from the structure. After that it crapped out and two replacements later all I saw was a screen that looked like sand. Now that I think about it the waters other than the crappie fishing were choppy. I think the Livescope may be a better bet.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 01-08-2020, 07:40 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimJamison11 View Post
I may as well have taken $1500 and wiped my a@$ with it... Humminbird 360 is worthless... the you tube videos make it look awesome. It only works if the water is still and the boat is not moving... How often does that happen? Any type of wake or boat movement and the picture is static....

I will sell you a transom mount cheap if you want to try it.
I said the same thing about the side scan in BBCboards and got my *** chewed out..
I agree, 360 looks like a rotating side scan, I can't get good images with side scan if the boat is pitching ang rolling because of waves. same thing if the boat isn't moving.

Only Livescope or Panoptix works well in all those conditions, plus I can see how the fish react to my bait, no 360 will do that.

I would put my movey in Livescope twice before purchassing a 360.

Cheers
C//
Old 01-08-2020, 12:06 PM
Minnow

You guys and gals are being hard on the old generation 360. Tough to argue there as it was first generation technology. Let’s not forget they just released the new mega 360 let’s give it a chance to get into the hands of average users and then judge whether it is worth the investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2020, 02:04 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schell21 View Post
You guys and gals are being hard on the old generation 360. Tough to argue there as it was first generation technology. Let’s not forget they just released the new mega 360 let’s give it a chance to get into the hands of average users and then judge whether it is worth the investment.

LOL,, true,, but weather it's 360 gen 1 or mega 360 or ultra 360, it will never tell you how the fish react to your bait og give you good images in rough waters.
360 mega may be great for structure and seeing fish holding on structure but the fact that Livescope or Panoptix shows the fishes reaction to the bait is,, IMO,, an incredible advantage over 360 to fishing and catching.
Panoptix has changed the way I fish walleyes and lake trout,
Best of both worlds would be 360 paired to Livescope.

Cheers
C//
Old 01-08-2020, 02:08 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schell21 View Post

Mine is only 2 years old.... It may be first gen but I will call it VERY deceptive marketing by hummingbird and the pros that are paid to endorse it. After that there is no way that I would believe MEGA would make that big of a difference. I have mega and non mega down imaging and the difference is not that much. I do consider myself an average user. I fiddled with the settings for 2 seasons now. Its just added weight on the back of the boat that I am going to take off.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:47 PM
Wallhanger

Default Some thoughts

Hummingbird 360 and Hummingbird Mega 360
Wanted to share some thoughts I have about these two fishing tools. Let me quantify that I added the HB 360 on my boat last season, live in Minnesota and fish walleyes, crappie and lake trout. Not having the expertise that others have on this site, so I watched and read closely to learn. My 360 is mounted on a da-ducer stick next to the Minnkota Terrova which is equipped Garmin panoptix PS-31 that works well for scanning etc. I work edges for walleye and crappie, and the HB 360 works wonderfully to show points, dips and edges along the weeds, rocks, 180 degree coverage. in the bow I cast right or left depending on where the edge is. Also bottom bounce and the 360 helps me move in close and follow it nicely. Of course what I have seen not as clear as the mega 360

My boat is a 2025 tiller with mini-counsel, that works well for a platform for electronics. I also back troll and in the rear have DI/SI mega, which works well for following a edge but I lose the straight back views that 180 degree delivers. My HB units two Helix GN2 one with mega the other not connect through the ethernet hub.

Don't discount the 360, yes it is not as clear as the mega from what I have seen. But....set up properly and some squeaking still a effective tool. Coming up will be some decent pricing on used.

For the 2025 looking at adding a 2nd 360 on a da-ducer stick off the back gunwale, works perfectly to get the signal past the motor housing. Contemplating this one to be 360 mega but upgrade cost to go a GN3 10 or larger with the mega costly but of course would be nice necessary maybe not.

For the bass market, no question mega 360 on the bow. Walleye guys take heed mega 360 may not necessary but as Wayne says HB 360 still better then no 360 and what a value when backtrolling a tool I don't see on a lot of walleye boats these days.

Wanted to share some honest food for thought as I under stand 360 more finding it a tool I would not be without,