Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Need help finding a... - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-29-2017, 08:56 PM
Wallhanger

Default Need help finding a...

Reputable guy/company/marina that can pull the carpeting/floor out of my 15 year old boat and replace it w/o charging me an arm and a leg. I live in N. Illinois but would travel if I found someone I CAN TRUST to do a good job. Please don't tell me how easy it is. My motto for DIY is "It's never easy"(for me anyway), so thanks in advance for your help. I've done all the lockers, just need the floor done. Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2017, 09:17 PM
Charter Member

Where are you located?
Old 07-30-2017, 05:17 AM
Minnow

"arm and leg" is a relative term. That being said Alpha Omega in Taylorville, Illinois did a excellent job for me. Give them a call at 217-824-3988.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2017, 04:35 PM
Wallhanger

Default carpeting

Mr. Walleye,
Located in N. Illinois about 15 - 20 minutes south of the WI border. Taylorville is quite a bit farther than I'm willing to drive (like 4 hours) but thanks for the reply Eyesearcher.
Brian
Old 07-30-2017, 04:43 PM
Keeper

Check out Fountain of Youth for Boats, in North Prairie, WI.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:45 PM
Wallhanger

Default carpeting

Sent them an email yesterday. Haven't had a reply yet. Maybe they were out due to the weekend. If I don't hear back then I'll give them a call. Have you had work done with them or know of someone who has? Thanks Kaptain!
Old 07-30-2017, 05:06 PM
Impact owner

Default Carpet replacement

Try bottoms up boat repair in johnsburg IL.
http://www.bottomsupboatrepair.com/B...pair/Home.html
Old 07-30-2017, 05:12 PM
Keeper

I had them make me a custom cover a couple of months ago. I'm amazed at how it turned out. I was concerned about the look of snaps but wanted a better fit than tying to the trailer would achieve. Every slight detail is perfect. They got me black stainless snap studs, and etched, primed, and painted the snaps to match the canvas - that was their idea. They designed around my general ideas - knowing what I was trying to do and what would/wouldn't work, and turned out a beautiful custom piece of work - better than I could have imagined. Sounds complicated for a boat cover, but it I wanted it perfect.

I also had them make me a cover for the hardware on the front of the trailer. Didn't know how to approach it, but I wanted the bow roller, jack, winch, parking brake lever, and tongue all covered for when the boat is stored. They came up with the perfect design.

Understanding the work you're looking to do is different, it's the attention to detail, the obvious experience, the time spent talking to the customer to help them design exactly what they want that impressed me. I walked around their shop and saw some of the other projects they were working on, including some involved body work, and it was obvious they know their craft well - lot of experience in that shop.

Usually I end up somewhat disappointed with any sort of custom work - there's usually something that could have been done better. But that was not the case here.

I dealt with Ryan - he approached it more like a project manager would than a "canvas guy."
Old 07-30-2017, 05:15 PM
Keeper

trying to post a picture - having trouble with it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170625_174530.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	535.2 KB
ID:	268394  
Old 07-30-2017, 09:32 PM
Wallhanger

Default carpet

Kaptain,
That's quite a deal you got going there! I'll need to get in touch with them this week and see if they do carpeting and flooring. Thanks for posting the pic. Impressive.