Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Humminbird Helix - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 02-11-2020, 07:14 PM
Wallhanger

Default Humminbird Helix

any way to test transducer out of weather. Can’t get left SI to display. Hassle running back and forth to lake.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2020, 08:52 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbheli View Post
any way to test transducer out of weather. Can’t get left SI to display. Hassle running back and forth to lake.
I'd recommend doing a factory reset as a first step. Make sure to save all your waypoints, routes to a card first, as they will be erased with a reset.

Second step, would be to swap out the head with another one if you have or can borrow one.

Good luck.

2020 Lund 1975 Pro-V
225 Mercury 15 Mercury
Ulterra 112 I Pilot Link MDI
Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA+ SI (2)
Humminbird 360
Old 02-12-2020, 10:41 AM
Wallhanger

Comment: Reset to defaults should not do anything to your Navigation data. Having a backup is absolutely necessary, we all hit wrong buttons from time to time. Of course the swap out must be a helix SI or an SI transducer would also tell you if it is the transducer or the unit. Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2020, 12:11 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:

What is exactly happening on the display you by chance did not shut off one side and using full screen for one side? We need more information to try and nail down the problem.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:52 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Does it look like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Helox 10.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	391.4 KB
ID:	315924  
112 Ulterra linked with Birds
Old 02-20-2020, 06:07 PM
Wallhanger

It is worse the right side is fine the left side nothing and I replaced the cables used a left right transducer and no luck. Now I am going to change the Y for a second time but back and forth to the lake is a hassle. I want to fix this in the shop and fish when I get to the lake not play with the electronics issues. Any thoughts helpful.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Fish Finder SI .jpg
Views:	116
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	315958  
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 02-21-2020, 04:16 AM
Keeper

There was a thread on this not to long ago. But... My issue was that the dealer installed the wrong cable. Apparently there are a few cables that will work and if you get the wrong one, it will do that. Also, make sure your motor isn't blocking the transducer signal. I have to trim mine up slightly to get it to work. Here is my mounting location compared to my motor.

Sorry the photos are sideways... i dont know how to fix this...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	boat.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	315966  
112 Ulterra linked with Birds
Old 02-21-2020, 06:34 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
It is worse the right side is fine the left side nothing and I replaced the cables used a left right transducer and no luck. Now I am going to change the Y for a second time but back and forth to the lake is a hassle. I want to fix this in the shop and fish when I get to the lake not play with the electronics issues. Any thoughts helpful.
You are getting a return from the left side. Not anything to do with cables. Have you tried a lower frequency(455) to see if it gets better. Can you take a pic from behind the boat so we can see the transducer. Trim your motor all the way up and see if anything changes. Have you tried this in the garage? Do both sides look the same in the garage? You might be able to troubleshoot at home. Bob

Last edited by Ozark Bob; 02-21-2020 at 06:36 AM.
Old 02-21-2020, 06:42 AM
Wallhanger

I just looked at your photo in an app I have. Is that a home made shield I see around the transducer? Looks like part of it is on the sides of the transducer. That is blocking your signal. Remove that and see what happens.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:24 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
You are getting a return from the left side. Not anything to do with cables. Have you tried a lower frequency(455) to see if it gets better. Can you take a pic from behind the boat so we can see the transducer. Trim your motor all the way up and see if anything changes. Have you tried this in the garage? Do both sides look the same in the garage? You might be able to troubleshoot at home. Bob
Would it look different if it was not getting a return ? I never see anything on the water but that line. Yes no matter what frequency its same results. Trim motor up. Odd thing is with a single transducer on the right same issue as when I installed it on the left.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BOB.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	341.2 KB
ID:	315978  
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes