Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Planner Boards - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 03-14-2002, 06:27 PM
Minnow

Default Planner Boards

Big O

I Just invested in the big john otter boats. Before I actually try them, is there any opinions that would help out. I would like to give them a fair shake.

Big O
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2002, 08:42 PM
Wallhanger

Default RE: Planner Boards

Hey Big O. I run a fishing charter on Saginaw Bay and have been using the Big Jon Otters for this time frame. I love em. They trac the best I have ever seen, both when pulled slow and especially when fast. Just be sure of a couple things. Tie the loop knot in the tether rope on the board as close to the nine inch suggested length as possible. A half inch either way to long or short and the board will turn in on ya at certain times. Also, reinforce the holes on the top side of the board where the nuts go through and holds the keel and weighted bottom. On my boat, because of the height of my boat from the water. The shear weight of the keel and weighted bottom started to actually pull the the nut/bolt section through the board itself when dropped on the water from 4/5 feet up. I cut a piece of thin aluminum and drilled holes in the exact spots where the nuts come through. This was placed on the top of the boards and reinforced the whole section versus the small hole area. Walleye Express Charters.