Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Having Dental work done in Mexico - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 02-11-2021, 08:55 AM
Wallhanger

Default Having Dental work done in Mexico

I was curious if anyone here has had dental work done in Mexico both my wife and me may need some major work done. Have been just checking it out to see if we may consider it cost wise it seems to be a no brainer just unsure as you hear good and bad. but hear that about just about any business i do not know anyone personally that has gone and had work done..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2021, 09:07 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=TomP.;6526024]I was curious if anyone here has had dental work done in Mexico both my wife and me may need some major work done. Have been just checking it out to see if we may consider it cost wise it seems to be a no brainer just unsure as you hear good and bad. but hear that about just about any business i do not know anyone personally that has gone and had work done..[/QUOTE]

I know someone that has a ton of money and went to Mexico to have it done. probably why they have a ton of money LOL. The work was great I was told. No issues.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 02-11-2021, 09:29 AM
Slot Fish

[QUOTE=TomP.;6526024]I was curious if anyone here has had dental work done in Mexico both my wife and me may need some major work done. Have been just checking it out to see if we may consider it cost wise it seems to be a no brainer just unsure as you hear good and bad. but hear that about just about any business i do not know anyone personally that has gone and had work done..[/QUOTE]

I bet that if you search, you'll find dental care even cheaper in El Salvador and Nicaragua.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2021, 09:40 AM
Wallhanger

OMG. Never heard of people doing this. Is the dental care place located next to the kidney removal shop, or have I just seen too many movies?

2020 Lund 1975 Pro-V
225 Mercury 15 Mercury
Ulterra 112 I Pilot Link MDI
Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA+ SI (2)
Humminbird 360
Old 02-11-2021, 09:42 AM
Slot Fish

Default Dental Tourism

This is now a segment where companies actually specialize in "dental tourism", and medical procedures as well. We even have a local medical insurance company that pays for travel and lodging to approved foreign entities for care.

There are many "snowbirds" who get their dental and medical care in Mexico during their winter stay south. I researched it for dental implants at one time; since I don't winter or live down there, the travel costs associated with multiple visits wiped out the savings.

Like anything else, reviews are posted regarding doctors, dentists, and services offered.
Minnkota Terrova w/IPilot Link
2021 Chev LT Trail Boss 6.2L
Old 02-11-2021, 09:49 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Wall-i-Lama;6526056]OMG. Never heard of people doing this. Is the dental care place located next to the kidney removal shop, or have I just seen too many movies?[/QUOTE]

Been going on for many years. Dental in America is a huge rip off. Just have to find the right place. It's a vacation and savings all in one
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 02-11-2021, 09:52 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=bbheli;6526064]Been going on for many years. Dental in America is a huge rip off. Just have to find the right place. It's a vacation and savings all in one[/QUOTE]

I've heard of people traveling there to get prescription drugs cheaper. Learn something new every day. Could package it with a resort stay!

2020 Lund 1975 Pro-V
225 Mercury 15 Mercury
Ulterra 112 I Pilot Link MDI
Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA+ SI (2)
Humminbird 360
Old 02-11-2021, 09:58 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=bbheli;6526064][QUOTE=Wall-i-Lama;6526056]OMG. Never heard of people doing this. Is the dental care place located next to the kidney removal shop, or have I just seen too many movies?[/QUOTE]

Been going on for many years. Dental in America is a huge rip off. Just have to find the right place. It's a vacation and savings all in one[/QUOTE]Dental ? How about medical ? My wife had a knee replacement had to go in for a manipulation to break up scar tissue. Knocked her out bent her leg back and forth said it took him 2 minutes ! $5400.00 What a joke !!!
Old 02-11-2021, 10:09 AM
Wallhanger

I know a few people that go to Mexico for their dental work, I've been told the work is very good and a lot less expensive.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:12 AM
not for me

Default not for me

I'll pass. :)