Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Francis Case 5/18-5/20 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 05-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Wallhanger

Default Francis Case 5/18-5/20

Went on a little 3 day trip with the wife and two little kiddos. Stayed in a cabin at Buryonics. Day 1 wind blew 30+, Managed to get 4 or 5 hours in before I decided I didnt want to burn the wife and kids out. Managed to keep 2 legal fish out of about 20 caught, I blamed the wind and the fact I was limited to a small stretch that was semi protected.
Day 2 I was pumped up, I could now fish the whole lake and go to my traditional areas...well after boating 120+ fish to keep 3, completely running my terrova out of juice, and putting more miles on my boat than a normal summer I was left figuring out what more I could of done. I decided to go fish Pease creek on the way, where I always do well, and from my two earlier trips this year know the fish are bigger.
Day 3 Wife and 1 kid have to go home so it is just me and 4 year old. No problem I think, go get 8 16 to 22 inch fish load up, go home. My daughter scores a 14 7/8 as soon as I set the rod in the rod holder for her...I was thinking yep no problem. Well 8 hours later I give up, terrova is nearly dead again, and put even more miles on the boat than the day before. For those that are familiar with area I fished both sides of the river from Bible Camp bay to Whetstone...back and forth a couple times in between. We boated maybe 20 sub 15's and one 17 incher. I could have caught all the shorts I wanted but I went hunting for bigger fish. Marked them but I could not get any hits. I pulled Lead, I pulled Snap weights, I pulled straight line, I pitched jigs, I ran Bottom bouncers with spinners, plain rigs, slow death, mac's blades. I fished 5 FOW to 40.....
Right now a day later I am still sitting here in AWE, feeling very very humbled. Probably right around 200 fish boated to keep a grand total of 7.
That being said I am going to go to Lake Sharpe next weekend (my weekend, mon&tues) and kick some butt!

Rant over!
Hummibird 898

Last edited by Yarhcaz; 05-21-2014 at 09:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2014, 09:05 PM
Wallhanger

LOL, good story. I have never fished Francis Case, now I know why. Oahe baby, it's worth the drive!
Old 05-21-2014, 09:12 PM
Wallhanger

Headed there real soon
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2014, 09:56 PM
Keeper

Sounds like fishing! Good honest report!
Old 05-22-2014, 03:56 AM
Minnow

Any day out fishing is better than a day at work. 200 fish, hey thats not bad. I tried 81ponds and Lake Brant last weekend and got 0, well 2 silver bass at 81lbs I guess, even at that though they have mercury warning there so you can't really even eat the fish anyways.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:19 AM
Slot Fish

Dont feel alone fished last saturday to get one bite, you at least caught some shorts to keep you intrested.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:00 AM
Walleyeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarhcaz View Post
Went on a little 3 day trip with the wife and two little kiddos. Stayed in a cabin at Buryonics. Day 1 wind blew 30+, Managed to get 4 or 5 hours in before I decided I didnt want to burn the wife and kids out. Managed to keep 2 legal fish out of about 20 caught, I blamed the wind and the fact I was limited to a small stretch that was semi protected.
Day 2 I was pumped up, I could now fish the whole lake and go to my traditional areas...well after boating 120+ fish to keep 3, completely running my terrova out of juice, and putting more miles on my boat than a normal summer I was left figuring out what more I could of done. I decided to go fish Pease creek on the way, where I always do well, and from my two earlier trips this year know the fish are bigger.
Day 3 Wife and 1 kid have to go home so it is just me and 4 year old. No problem I think, go get 8 16 to 22 inch fish load up, go home. My daughter scores a 14 7/8 as soon as I set the rod in the rod holder for her...I was thinking yep no problem. Well 8 hours later I give up, terrova is nearly dead again, and put even more miles on the boat than the day before. For those that are familiar with area I fished both sides of the river from Bible Camp bay to Whetstone...back and forth a couple times in between. We boated maybe 20 sub 15's and one 17 incher. I could have caught all the shorts I wanted but I went hunting for bigger fish. Marked them but I could not get any hits. I pulled Lead, I pulled Snap weights, I pulled straight line, I pitched jigs, I ran Bottom bouncers with spinners, plain rigs, slow death, mac's blades. I fished 5 FOW to 40.....
Right now a day later I am still sitting here in AWE, feeling very very humbled. Probably right around 200 fish boated to keep a grand total of 7.
That being said I am going to go to Lake Sharpe next weekend (my weekend, mon&tues) and kick some butt!

Rant over!
You do know that the slot is 15" - 20" with one fish over 20 right?
Old 05-22-2014, 10:45 AM
Wallhanger

Default hmmmm yes

I am fully aware of the guidelines....I don't know what I wrote that would lead you to believe that I didn't. maybe the fact I said the daughter caught one that was just short within 30 seconds? Or the fact that I thought we would get a limit of fish between 17 and 22? That meant keeping nothing smaller than 17 and the two overs being somewhere between 20 and 22 inches.
I hope I cleared that up for you...because yes I am fully aware of all the rules and regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyeee View Post
You do know that the slot is 15" - 20" with one fish over 20 right?
Hummibird 898
Old 05-22-2014, 11:26 AM
Slot Fish

Any report for the Pickstown area? Things still slow down there?
Old 05-22-2014, 11:51 AM
Keeper

This is going to be the story on FC this summer. Lots of 14" fish in the system from the big year class produced a few years ago. I caught maybe 50 fish +/- to find my 4 last Saturday. FC also got a ton of pressure last summer which thinned out the smaller year classes which typically produced the 16-20" fish. There's still plenty out there but it's not going to be easy. I know it's well worth the drive up to Sharpe though!