Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Question for ranger 1880/1850 owners - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-16-2019, 08:28 AM
Slot Fish

I have an 1860 and have dealt with the same thing. It takes forever to dry in the boat if it gets really wet unless you put a fan on it or leave it in the sun. I've generally left the carpet in, but when it gets really wet I will pull it out and hang it over the side of the boat in the garage. Half the water drips on the garage floor and the other half drains through the boat (again onto the garage floor).

I had it out of the boat the entire summer last year and it worked reasonably well. The floor is textured, but it still gets a bit slippery when wet, and ice really sucks, But it's way easier to clean! So it's a little of both. I try to powerwash the carpet every year to keep it clean, and it's in really good shape still. I think you can do it either way.

I've got a buddy with an 620 FS, and I really like the non-skid floor in the FS boats. For sure I would look at Aqua Traction (MN company) or something similar for a new boat if it wasn't an FS. Carpet is nice, but it's a lot more work too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement