Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2020 Lund invoice up 10% over 2019 - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-12-2019, 07:32 AM
Minnow

That is crazy. Boat prices of gotten way out of hand the last 10 years. There is absolutely no way boat prices should be this high for these size boats. Keep doing this boat mfg and when the next recession hits they will really be hurting, as you are pricing most people out of the market for a recreational pastime....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2019, 09:42 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBV View Post
That is crazy. Boat prices of gotten way out of hand the last 10 years. There is absolutely no way boat prices should be this high for these size boats. Keep doing this boat mfg and when the next recession hits they will really be hurting, as you are pricing most people out of the market for a recreational pastime....
They have plenty of economical models, no one has to buy the top of the line to go fishing.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:36 AM
Minnow

Just curious, where did you get your information from on this price increase ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2019, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW View Post
Aluminum price is down, so a theory that raw material costs are driving hull prices is unfounded.
Lots of other materials in the boat getting whacked by up to 25% tariffs. Most of the chemicals to make the different plastics and urethane foams, paint components, pigments, adhesives, carpet or flooring, originate from China. Also, aluminum tariffs didn't end until late May. I'll bet allot of the aluminum was purchased well ahead of production time when the tariffs were still in effect.

Last edited by Custom Eyes; 09-12-2019 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:54 AM
Minnow

They must have huge margins with such steep increases in the last 10 years. There is absolutely no way costs go up that much. Oh well, if other boat makers follow the same path, there business will just slow down.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:02 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBV View Post
They must have huge margins with such steep increases in the last 10 years. There is absolutely no way costs go up that much. Oh well, if other boat makers follow the same path, there business will just slow down.
Margins are small. Fact is boats have gotten larger, more powerful, fancier, and loaded with more features. All this adds up to higher cost.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:50 PM
Wallhanger

I hope they double the price.........less boats on the water is a good thing IMHO.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 09-12-2019, 01:00 PM
Charter Member

You guys are missing the point. Brunswick stock (BC) is up 25% since May 1st. Your gains more than offset a measly 10% price increase,,,,,

HRG
Old 09-12-2019, 01:38 PM
Slot Fish

Even if a recession hits, most find a way to still go on vacation and buy toys. That's always been the case. I could see introducing perks like gift cards, rebates or something along those lines to help sales if they do drop.

Most finance new boats and really look at the monthly payment anyway. For new younger buyers anyway. Have a friend that sells all outdoor toy's including boats, sleds & quads. He's having a banner year. Sure that could come off a bit, but who's to say for sure..
Old 09-13-2019, 07:08 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Eyes View Post
Lots of other materials in the boat getting whacked by up to 25% tariffs. Most of the chemicals to make the different plastics and urethane foams, paint components, pigments, adhesives, carpet or flooring, originate from China. Also, aluminum tariffs didn't end until late May. I'll bet allot of the aluminum was purchased well ahead of production time when the tariffs were still in effect.
The primary raw product used for these items, crude oil, is down roughly 50% since 2016, more than offsetting tariffs.

US labor costs are rising so I point to that as basis for boat price increases. Wages increased 3.2% in the past 12 months alone.