Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger VS1780 Aluminum DeepV - Page 17 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 05-25-2016, 09:50 AM
Slot Fish

Default Update

I have had my boat back for a few months now. Rangers band aid didn't work. First trip out cracked the transom again. I want to love this boat but it is one thing after another. Ranger has the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. Sending me the wrong nuts for the wrong bolts and forget trying to get ahold of them. Unanswered emails in returned phone calls. If you have a problem I hope you're a persistent person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2016, 09:54 AM
Wallhanger

Starting to think a Crestliner Fish Hawk may be a better long term option. Sure like the no wood in the Ranger though.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:01 PM
Slabddy

I am beginning to feel the same way. For whatever reason, I just love the layout and simplicity of the VS1780. It just appeals to me more than Lund, Crestliner, Alumacraft b/c you see them everywhere; however, I believe I will be looking more at Lund and alumacraft now since I have dealers nearby. If the customer service stories with Ranger were positive, I would not be so alarmed. DRHobbs, if you don't mind me asking, is your VS1780 a 2014 model (first year released)? I am sorry for all your troubles and hope ranger makes it right, especially after forking out big $$$$! Besides the cracked transom, did you experience any other issues? How does it hand rough water? If these problems persist among owners (cracked transoms/terrible customer service), I think the VS1780 is on the outside looking in. Every boat has some issues, but when the manufacturer does not stand behind it, or treats you like a number, that is just not acceptable when spending big money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2016, 02:35 PM
Slot Fish

Mine is actually a 2016. And the list is long. Many little problems and 2 major. I've listed the problems on here. But no I don't recommend this boat or any aluminum ranger because you're treated like a second class citizen when being dealt with. I offer any questions. I really do want to love this boat but every time out its something new.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:40 PM
Slot Fish

Default recieved new boat

well ranger has completed my new boat and it now rests in Kansas city getting all rigged up. their turn around wasn't the best but to be honest I expected a lot worse. it did sit at my dealership for a week without me knowing about it but all that is behind me now. Hopefully this is my last post for this boat. We'll see if it holds up.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:22 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Joe yo View Post
Well, based on the pics I see absolutely nothing appealing, ground breaking, or flashy about the Ranger what-so-ever. It does NOT look well defined but in fact very simple, almost bland and bare bones. The only thing I see that would even give a single "wow" factor would be the Ranger decal on the side. If you want to pay extra for that go ahead. Looks like a snoozer to me. I doubt it will sell well at all. I'd put my trust in the established Aluminum deep-v manufacturers like Lund, Alumacraft, and G3 way before that Ranger.
Ohio Joe looks like your a little butt hurt, I think you are completely wrong on all aspects of your argument I priced out a 1780 ranger with a 135 HO etec and I priced out a 18" lund with a comparable motor and the price tag jumped a ridiculous 15000$ talk about paying for a 3D 4 letter name plate. My ranger has everything I wanted and more compared to a lund the front casting deck is Massive easily large enough to hold two anglers who are drop shotting and area without worrying about bumping into one another. although it may look plain jane one of the most astounding features of the ranger is the spray foam filled hull which reduces boat noise and makes the boat 100% unsinkable watch the videos and learn a thing when you have people walking around the boat doesn't till and sway from the weight shift which is very nice for a person who isn't very nimble. I feel like your a lund owner who over payed for his boat and now sees he could get something just as good and save a third of this price.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:00 AM
Slot Fish

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums.../630242?page=2
Here we go again
Old 07-16-2017, 07:02 AM
Slot Fish

Have you checked your welds in your splash well. I'd be interested to know if you have cracks too.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:39 AM
Minnow

I am glad vs1780 never cracked up. It seemed like a solid boat. I just traded up for an 1880 MS and got good money out of her on the trade too. Good luck all.