Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Yamaha remote issue - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 06-16-2013, 09:52 PM
Slot Fish

Default Yamaha remote issue

Never took one apart before so looking for some help. VMax remote is sticking and sometimes I cannot pull up on the control to shift into forward or reverse. It takes a lot of messing with it to get it loose. Is there a spring or something in there? I am guessing something broke and is jamming it? Can you buy parts for a remote or do you have to replace the whole thing?

Heading to the dealer tomorrow so any tips are appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 07:52 PM
Slot Fish

Ok. Called around and it will be at least 2 weeks to fix. Leaving for a 2 week fishing vacation so it looks like I will have to do this myself. Anyone with experience in taking one apart? The cables and shifting are fine. The red piece that you lift up to shift from neutral into gear is jamming and will not pull up. Any ideas?
Old 06-18-2013, 10:45 PM
Wallhanger

Pop the cap off in the center of the shifting lever and unscrew it and the lever should come off. Almost sounds like a piece of that red lever broke off and is jamming it. You will find out for sure when you pull that lever off and see. Good Luck. And no you don't have to replace the whole thing, you can get parts for whatever's broken on it.

Tags
outboard , remote throttle , repair , vmax , yamaha