Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
1993 Lund Pike Rebel 16 Boat Restoration Project - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 08-05-2016, 07:36 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LundPikeRebel16 View Post
I agree, will cost me a lot less that buying new. The floatation was free from work, the wood flooring was free from Lund as well as the floor covering. I have very little invested in the project so far, probably under 200 dollars.
Nice job. I love those older Lunds, nice to see one being restored and being put back in service. Just curious, regarding the wood flooring... Did Lund pre cut the pattern for you? or did you have to size and cut yourself ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2016, 05:19 AM
Slot Fish

Default answer to question about wood flooring...

Yes, Lund sent me the wood. They had me take pictures of the floor plan and the plate with the serial number, then mysteriously shipped the wrong floor plan. They sent carpeted wood for a 14ft side console boat. Mine is a 16ft tiller. I called them back and they had me take pics of the floor they shipped, they wanted to see proof that the floor they sent was all wrong. They made me lift the wood into the boat and show how it was off both in size and design. I took the pics and sent them to Lund. . Once they saw the pics they shipped bare wood, marine vinyl and a lot of aluminum rivets. The bare wood they sent was only enough for the main floor, so I tore the carpet off the other wood they sent and was able to scarf up enough to cover the rest of the boat, it was very hard to remove that new carpet. I lost a lot of time and patience when this happened.

Last edited by LundPikeRebel16; 02-05-2018 at 05:39 AM. Reason: added info
Old 08-06-2016, 06:32 AM
Wallhanger

It's nice that LUND stepped up and helped you out. When I rebuild my Shorelandr trailer, I contacted them about some information about my 1988 trailer telling them I was sandblasting it and repainting, they sent me a NEW set of chrome decals, FREE. I think it would be nice if WC came up with a section on PROJECTS. A lot of people would benefit from the knowledge of others, especially those whose rigs are getting a bit long on the tooth or those getting into the sport and cannot afford a late model or new rig..
Lowrance Hook2 5 SplitShot Bow
2007 Mercury 5HP Kicker when needed
2020 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 2.7 ECO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2016, 07:18 AM
Charter Member

Default to OP. PM to you would not go through?!

Thank you and yes of course I would like another Lund boat seat that looks like mine. I have no idea what it would cost to ship it to the state of MA...might be very expensive.

I'll weigh the seat and let you know. If you want it, just pay the shipping and I'll get it to you. They are nice looking seats and I hated to switch to a different seat as I like the "classic" look of the older boats.

Do you have any family or friends in the central Illinois area? That might be a cheap way to get it?

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Old 08-06-2016, 04:48 PM
Slot Fish

Default Lund Boat seat

No relatives in your area but thanks for the offer...
About those lund boat seats: mine were comfortable and well built. But after about 10 years one of the seats cracked on the seat back (mid-back) section, just above the hinges. I wonder who the whizz bang was that designed seat hinges that are so low on the wood of a high back seat? If it were me, I would extend the metal support hinges further up towards the top of the high back so the wood doesn't take the full torque when a man leans back on it. Even with this poor design my other seat still remains in its original condition and I replaced the wood in the failed seat. Overall I would still take a Lund seat over most aftermarket boat seats.

Last edited by LundPikeRebel16; 02-05-2018 at 05:39 AM.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:53 PM
Wallhanger

You are doing a very nice job.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:05 PM
Slot Fish

Default new wheels and tires today and sanded the paint with 320

Here are my new wheels and tires and my 1st coat of paint from 2012. I sanded and cleaned the boat in hopes of adding the 2nd coat tuesday. At this point I still hadn't attached the floor and side cabinets...still a ton of work left to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1463.jpg
Views:	858
Size:	509.3 KB
ID:	222930   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1464.jpg
Views:	785
Size:	510.6 KB
ID:	222938   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1468.jpg
Views:	789
Size:	494.4 KB
ID:	222962  

Last edited by LundPikeRebel16; 02-05-2018 at 05:39 AM. Reason: added info
Old 08-08-2016, 07:34 AM
Wallhanger

WOW...Really nice job! Goes to show what can be done with a older rig. Save those Galvanized rims, you can always mount new rubber on them! They don't rust.
Lowrance Hook2 5 SplitShot Bow
2007 Mercury 5HP Kicker when needed
2020 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 2.7 ECO
Old 08-08-2016, 09:50 AM
Slot Fish

Default Galvanized rims...

great idea! I was able to buy the painted rims with rubber on them so cheap I pretty much had to do it...but I really didn't want painted steel wheels. they look ok new but will probably rust very quickly. i'll re-tire those galvanized rims as soon as I see a good deal for sure.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:02 PM
Hat Trick

Nice work.

I'm redoing my 1987 Alumacraft Classic and it's not as easy as I thought it would be. I figured I could get it all done in a weekend. That's not the case...at least not for me. I'll have the floor finished next weekend, thankfully. I should have the storage and livewell lids finished this week or next weekend.

I'm a bit surprised and disappointed in the quality of work Alumacraft did under the floor. It was clearly done in a rush.

Tags
fishing , floatation , flooring , lund , repair