Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
1875 Lund with smartcraft guages - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-12-2019, 06:18 PM
Minnow

Default 1875 Lund with smartcraft guages

I bought an 1875 last fall with smartcraft gauges. I had those in all my rangers thru the years. The fuel used totals and the gph were priceless to me. On my new Lund, I get a reading on the gph but nothing registers on the gallons used. Always at zero. Any ideas. I used this feature and zeroed every time I filled my Rangers in the past and miss it.
Thanks,
Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2019, 08:17 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimordway View Post
I bought an 1875 last fall with smartcraft gauges. I had those in all my rangers thru the years. The fuel used totals and the gph were priceless to me. On my new Lund, I get a reading on the gph but nothing registers on the gallons used. Always at zero. Any ideas. I used this feature and zeroed every time I filled my Rangers in the past and miss it.
Thanks,
Jim
All mine did . I would take it by the dealership. Unless something has changed...I think it should read Gals used.. -- If it has that capability , the dealer can dial it in for you... Something may have gotten missed...(?) during set up.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:20 AM
Wallhanger

Mine works, but I have never zeroed it. didn't know you could.

For me my trim gauge has worked maybe three times.
MinnKota Terrova 80/60/24 ipilot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2019, 01:52 PM
Wallhanger

Smile Smartcraft guages

I have the Mercury smart gauge on my Lund Rebel & it show a bunch of stuff included gallons used & hours on the motor. I zero the gallons used with every fill up. Much more accurate than the gas gauge that came with the boat. I had it added at our local boat shop.

2020 Jeep WK2 - v6
2021 Lund Renegade 1875
115 Pro XS with SS Prop - Solas New Saturn
Lowrance Locators 7 & 9 inch hook Reveals
Garmin Livescope w 93sv
Minn Kota 70 Edge
Mainly fish Table Rock Lake in S/W Missouri
Old 07-14-2019, 02:27 PM
Charter Member

Jim,
Dig into your SmartCraft manual, this may be a calibration setting.

HRG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC fuel used.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	311754  
Old 07-21-2019, 01:06 PM
Minnow

Thanks guys. I have checked the screen setup for display of gallons used and it is set to yes. My salesman tells me that the guys in the shop say the engine, a 150 4 stroke is not capable of this information. Curious that the previous 90 4 stroke in this thread uses the feature. I guess a note to mercury is in order.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:07 PM
Minnow

Thanks guys. I have checked the screen setup for display of gallons used and it is set to yes. My salesman tells me that the guys in the shop say the engine, a 150 4 stroke is not capable of this information. Curious that the previous 60 4 stroke GWC has uses the feature. I guess a note to mercury is in order.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Thanks guys. I have checked the screen setup for display of gallons used and it is set to yes. My salesman tells me that the guys in the shop say the engine, a 150 4 stroke is not capable of this information. Curious that the previous 60 4 stroke GWC has uses the feature. I guess a note to mercury is in order.
JIm,
PM me your outboards serial #, let me drop a note to a friend at Mercury. That sounds hard to believe.

HRG
Old 07-25-2019, 09:50 AM
Minnow

Solution:
Thanks for help from HRG to put me in the right direction. My salesman/dealer was wrong.
The 150 4s is fully capable of using the gallons used on the smartcraft gauge. It seems that I had to go into calibration and choose the multiplier option for the fuel. Thanks as well to Adam in customer service who responded to an email I sent on Sunday and he called me first thing Monday morning and we worked thru the options. I checked it out yesterday and all is well.
Take care,
Jim
Old 07-25-2019, 09:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Solution:
Thanks for help from HRG to put me in the right direction. My salesman/dealer was wrong.
The 150 4s is fully capable of using the gallons used on the smartcraft gauge. It seems that I had to go into calibration and choose the multiplier option for the fuel. Thanks as well to Adam in customer service who responded to an email I sent on Sunday and he called me first thing Monday morning and we worked thru the options. I checked it out yesterday and all is well.
Take care,
Jim

HRG