Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Rude encounter on Eagle Lake - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 08-28-2019, 07:22 PM
Minnow

I’m mainly talking about smaller lakes, 20boats on a smaller body of water is pretty significant. An yes absolutely I wish the rules were a little different. I don’t agree with non residents having the same bag limit or possession limit as resident anglers. Non residents camping out in the back country living off of two meals of walleye a day. This is not directed at everyone, I just don’t believe the current angling pressure is sustainable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2019, 07:57 PM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=Fishwitit;6353986]I’m mainly talking about smaller lakes, 20boats on a smaller body of water is pretty significant. An yes absolutely I wish the rules were a little different. I don’t agree with non residents having the same bag limit or possession limit as resident anglers. Non residents camping out in the back country living off of two meals of walleye a day. This is not directed at everyone, I just don’t believe the current angling pressure is sustainable.[/QUOTE]

Well, fishwitit, we may be on the same wave length. I don't believe in giving away the resource. Camping and living off the land are not my idea of economic development. In most cases, I think staying at resorts or even motels would be my requirement. I know this might irritate those who like to adventure without the comforts, and there is probably a place for that. In the end the resource needs to see some return on investment.....to the government and to those communities that depend on the surrounding landscape (forestry, mining, tourism) to keep them alive. The days of a cheap vacation are long gone in my opinion.....if they still exist then I'm all for some restrictions ….and by the way, buying a license is not my idea of supporting the local economy.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:19 AM
Charter Member

Just throwing this out there. I'm not aware of any US state fishing or hunting regulations that differentiate between a alien non resident, and a US citizen non resident. I assume a Canadian can by a alien non resident fishing license for the same price a US non resident has to pay. Same with state or federal parks and camping, alien non resident or US non resident pay the same fees. I know Ontario has higher fees for alien non resident licenses and restrict or have higher camping fees, so I guess that's their way of protecting their resources.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:16 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Fishwitit;6353862]I’m a Canadian. I will gladly pull up to any American registered boat. It’s our lake we own the resources. You guys are our welcomed guests. But it’s now “your” spot.[/QUOTE]

Now that you have stepped in a pile of moose crap, let’s get deep into it. Since Americans are the problem with decimating “your lake”, not the Crown’s lake, how do you really feel about all of the American lodge owners that operate highly respected locations on “your lakes” ?

If you feel strongly about this subject, run for a government position, win the election and move forward with your agenda. Whining on a fishing forum about it does nothing but reflect poorly on yourself. Rude people are going to be rude.......that is who they are as an individual. They grew up being enabled to act in a rude manner and think it was acceptable to do so. Targeting non-residents purposely because “you “ feel they are raping a resource is rude behavior.

So two questions for you.....

Is a resident of Canada ,who happens to live in another province outside of where you live, viewed as a non-resident and are they going to rape “your lake “ just like an American or are they that much more conservation minded?

What is the name of “ your lake” ? I’ve been known to make some nice signs for some friends. I would like to make one for you and post it on “your lake”. I’m thinking it would say something like.......

“ If you are an American, thanks for spending your money in Canada, but you are not welcome to fish here.......so pizz off. I own this lake and we don’t allow ANY non-residents . “

Sincerely, FishWitit Management Team

Thanks for the laugh this morning. Good to know Canada has some good comedians.

PjShorthorn :rock-on:
Old 08-29-2019, 06:29 AM
Wallhanger

PJ - Well said ---- the problem is that I don't think he IS trying to be funny............

pretty sad attitude that he has...................
Old 08-29-2019, 06:48 AM
Charter Member

I guess I'm the odd American, because I can understand how he feels about non residents crowding him out of home fishing spots. What's the term "ugly American". Not hard to see examples of that right here at home. Doesn't take but a few bad apples for people to get a bad opinion on folks. I was with a Canadian buddy a few years back, and while talking to another Canadian, he let his opinion of Americans fly, and it wasn't all cherries and cream. He didn't realize I was American. My friend tried excuse his behavior, but I said "no problem" I've seen first hand how some Americans act.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:58 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Shellback;6354056]I guess I'm the odd American, because I can understand how he feels about non residents crowding him out of home fishing spots. What's the term "ugly American". Not hard to see examples of that right here at home. Doesn't take but a few bad apples for people to get a bad opinion on folks. I was with a Canadian buddy a few years back, and while talking to another Canadian, he let his opinion of Americans fly, and it wasn't all cherries and cream. He didn't realize I was American. My friend tried excuse his behavior, but I said "no problem" I've seen first hand how some Americans act.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. There isn’t one country in the world that is exempt from people being opinionated, rude or just flat out anti non-residents. Hence my question about how Canadians are viewed if they are not from the same province. Boy, some of the best rants I’ve heard are from a Canadian railing another Canadian just because they are from another province. Which, is no different than what happens in the US between one state and another.

Old 08-29-2019, 07:13 AM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=pjshorthorn;6354060]You are correct. There isn’t one country in the world that is exempt from people being opinionated, rude or just flat out anti non-residents. Hence my question about how Canadians are viewed if they are not from the same province. Boy, some of the best rants I’ve heard are from a Canadian railing another Canadian just because they are from another province. Which, is no different than what happens in the US between one state and another.

PjShorthorn :rock-on:[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with being opinionated, arse head?:laugh:
Old 08-29-2019, 09:40 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=v-bay gord;6354066]What's wrong with being opinionated, arse head?:laugh:[/QUOTE]

I guess that is why I’m an arse head. BTW, that is Mr. Arse Head to you :laugh:

Old 08-29-2019, 09:59 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Fishwitit;6353914]I do it because I’m under the assumption Americans are ruining our resource. 90% of angling pressure is non residents anglers. Their limit shouldn’t be equal to a resident angler. It’s already it the works which is great.[/QUOTE]

Says the man who intentionally targets large walleye in the summer and is looking for ways to target even more and bigger walleye. Read up some on large fish mortality and then let's have a conversation about who is harming your resource more. I really had to shake my head when you made that post.

It's not a good idea to broad brush groups of people or bite the hand that feeds you!

We have been coming to Ontario for decades. This year, we stayed for a month. One of the reasons we come is for fishing. Larger reasons are to experience the wonderful outdoors and continue the great friendships we have with your fellow citizens.

We catch 100s of walleye each year. During our stay this year we ate 6 walleye during the month and brought home 8 walleye. We are very careful not to fish too deep and take great care in releasing all fish in perfect condition.

Needless to say, over the years we have left behind a great deal of money that contributes to the betterment of Ontario. We spend with resorts, guides, gas stations, bait shops, restaurants, marinas, LCBO, laundrymat, bars, gift shops and MNR for fishing license. Do you or do you know anybody that benefits from all this spending?

Do you realize that the MNR factors in non-resident fishing harvest into the laws and limits? If you think that the resource is being harmed in a small lake you fish, then contact the MNR.

The OP started this about rude people that fish too close, You diverted this into a discussion about citizenship and the Americans that harm your resources.

Like others, I think you are the rude one and I'm confident that you harm your own resource way more than I do!

2020 Lund 1975 Pro-V
225 Mercury 15 Mercury
Ulterra 112 I Pilot Link MDI
Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA+ SI (2)
Humminbird 360