Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
John Gillespie Waters & Woods ? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 01-04-2020, 09:08 AM
Wallhanger

Default John Gillespie Waters & Woods ?

Need help finding this program on Dish Network. Anyone out there have Dish and get this show? What channel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2020, 09:22 AM
Wallhanger

Sorry, I asked this question back in November and got my answer then. I forgot to check search before I posted again. I hope I can remember where I stored my boat come spring
Old 01-04-2020, 11:47 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
Need help finding this program on Dish Network. Anyone out there have Dish and get this show? What channel?

It's on FOX Sports North but DISH is in a dispute with Sinclair so they don't carry it for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2020, 12:05 PM
Wallhanger

Mark,
You can watch full episodes for free on YouTube.

andersaki
Old 01-04-2020, 01:24 PM
Wallhanger

Grab the Fabil, what a slobesouris -obnoxious. I can live without it. Linder I miss.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:45 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurs101 View Post
Grab the Fabil, what a slobesouris -obnoxious. I can live without it. Linder I miss.
Just about every fishing or hunting show now is an infomercial.

I can take about 10 minutes of him.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:18 PM
Wallhanger

Default get it

Very challenging his shows are almost live delayed only week or so, unlike some that are shot 6-8 months earlier in the year
Old 01-04-2020, 04:05 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Korsgaden View Post
Very challenging his shows are almost live delayed only week or so, unlike some that are shot 6-8 months earlier in the year
Very much like In-Depth Outdoors. Tough to produce a show so quickly every week but both seem to do it.

The hosts, Holst & Gillespie are very different. Holst is more restrained then Gillespie obviously. Both are successful.
Old 01-04-2020, 05:07 PM
Wallhanger

Default My Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
Very much like In-Depth Outdoors. Tough to produce a show so quickly every week but both seem to do it.

The hosts, Holst & Gillespie are very different. Holst is more restrained then Gillespie obviously. Both are successful.

In-Depth Outdoors, yes Hoist is very restrained and comes across as the expert does a good job of it, like many that produce these shows goes to spots others show them. Seems to be a never ending line of those that want to be on TV, which is good for the longevity of these shows. Nothing wrong with it. Is it reality for most anglers? We all fish for different reasons. Unfortunately, see fishing trending more to the success and enjoyment determined by numbers-points-pounds. Less about the food provided. Generating product sales in the end through high expectations, respect for the resource can be lost. The camp meat pole of old, that once held all sizes of deer. Now its about getting that big buck to post on social media. All another chapter I don't want go there got off the main theme here a bit. Understand grew up in a conservation minded household, did not always follow true to its form growing up but now understand the importance, more then ever of the resource. Finding fish and game then figuring out on how to catch or harvest them on ones own enriches the experience. Fishing and hunting, now is about instant gratification in part I feel the reason to dwindling participation numbers. The element of discovery is gone.

Last edited by Gary Korsgaden; 01-04-2020 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-04-2020, 05:11 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

It's the marketing arm for tackle and boats. I think most guys understand what they are watching when they turn them on.