Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
hds power draw? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 06-04-2020, 11:33 AM
crappieguy

Default hds power draw?

Can someone tell me the voltage power draw for the HDS 9 units? I have a 2019 Merc 150 four stroke that failed to start 4 times in the last week while on an outing. I have 2 HDS 9 units and a structure scan 3d off a 1 year old 27M-XHD interstate battery. All batteries were fully charged every night. I replaced the intrestate with an optima, but was only out for 1 day with it connected and didnt have an issue.Is the power draw that much on the HDS units to drain the battery that quickly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2020, 12:23 PM
Charter Member

from the Lowrance site;
Specifications
Power Consumption max
1.5A @ 13VDC with backlight on full
Power Consumption typical
Power Consumption min

https://www.lowrance.com/lowrance/ty...-insight-noxd/
Old 06-04-2020, 02:29 PM
crappieguy

Thanks Dave. Im not really electronically savvy. Does that seem like a draw that would drain a newer fully charged battery? I have 2 units running, and i had the 3d module running also until I replaced the battery. After that i turned the module off. Just wondering if the battery isnt holding a charge properly or if i need to keep an eye on the power usage from now on and stop fishing occasionally and run the motor to help recharge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2020, 03:06 PM
Minnow

I just installed a HDS Carbon 9 last week and checked the current draw. It was pretty steady around 1.8 Amps. Your battery should be able to power that for many hours and not affect starting if it's good.

I was having trouble with the screen flashing because of low voltage. I ran a separate wire to the battery and fixed that problem.