Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund IPS vs Alumacraft 2XB...let's do this. - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 10-24-2020, 10:00 AM
Wallhanger

They both build a nice boat.

Pick the dealer that will take the best care of you should you have problems,.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2020, 10:15 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggamefisher View Post
So that even you may have understood............I tried to explain it as simply as I could, I see I failed! LOL
I’m doing the best I can with what little I have.......LOL.....
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 10-24-2020, 04:12 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
First learn how to spell Polar Kraft....and no it has the same hull as a Lund.

Btw don’t care about post counts and have said at least once before I wish they would delete them.

The Polar Crap (sorry about the spelling mistake) hull might be designed with a flat pad like the Lund IPS hull........but it is not an IPS hull. Polar Crap (again sorry about the spelling mistake) makes a pretty good boat but to say it's an IPS hull when Lund owns that technology/design just simply lacks common sense. Doubt very much the Lund engineers gave up that technology and gave the design specs to Polar Crap (once again, sorry about that) so they could copy their hull!!!
Not seeing much technology in Lund IPS hull. Its marketing at its finest. Lot of hulls use pad, reverse chine and lifting strakes. Only hull advancements are in glass boats and that has plateaued. I'm not saying Lund hulls are bad, I think they are at the top in aluminum. Having said that, my current gull wing hull, considered old school, seems to be faster and slightly more fuel efficient than a Lund of similar size and hp. I seem to be running equal speeds to 300hp Lund with only a 250hp. Lots of variables, but thats what I'm seeing. It could also be I'm running a Yamaha vs mercury.
Old 10-24-2020, 04:30 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjy View Post
Not seeing much technology in Lund IPS hull. Its marketing at its finest. Lot of hulls use pad, reverse chine and lifting strakes. Only hull advancements are in glass boats and that has plateaued. I'm not saying Lund hulls are bad, I think they are at the top in aluminum. Having said that, my current gull wing hull, considered old school, seems to be faster and slightly more fuel efficient than a Lund of similar size and hp. I seem to be running equal speeds to 300hp Lund with only a 250hp. Lots of variables, but thats what I'm seeing. It could also be I'm running a Yamaha vs mercury.
Those Lunds are only running at 1/2 throttle!
Old 10-24-2020, 04:39 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjy View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
First learn how to spell Polar Kraft....and no it has the same hull as a Lund.

Btw don’t care about post counts and have said at least once before I wish they would delete them.

The Polar Crap (sorry about the spelling mistake) hull might be designed with a flat pad like the Lund IPS hull........but it is not an IPS hull. Polar Crap (again sorry about the spelling mistake) makes a pretty good boat but to say it's an IPS hull when Lund owns that technology/design just simply lacks common sense. Doubt very much the Lund engineers gave up that technology and gave the design specs to Polar Crap (once again, sorry about that) so they could copy their hull!!!
judis priest. Who cares there frickin fishing boats. Most these guys on here use their boats once or twice a year for jimminy cricket !!!!!
Old 10-24-2020, 04:47 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Larson View Post
They both build a nice boat.

Pick the dealer that will take the best care of you should you have problems,.......

This.The best boat can be made bad by an incompetent dealer.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:27 PM
Wallhanger

Here are a couple of attachments to compare the two.

The Lund IPS hull is a modern hull shape. It is patented
It features a wide foot print, a flat performance pad, and strong reverse chines.and a pronounced center keel.These features more easily attained lift, better handling, better spp]ed, straighter tracking (both forward and reverse) and greater stability than traditional hulls

The Lund IPS 2 Hull is the same but also has the addition of spray strakes on the bottom from the bow and most of the back. They direct soray downward and out for a strong, softer ride in rough conditions. They also add strength. The Lund IPS and IPS2 are the original twin plated hulls having 2 layers on the bottom in the front half of the boat.

Alumacraft XB 2: Their traditional type "Gull Wing" shaped hull... with 2 layers of aluminum skin full length on the boat bottom

See attached pictures 2 XB is onthe right.
Attached Images

Last edited by T Mac; 10-24-2020 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:05 PM
Wallhanger

That wide hull footprint also hurts rough water ride. There's reason many center console offshore rigs have sides that narrow down to make hull skinny on bottom. My personal experience in boats from 96" to 101" wide is stability is not concern. They are all stable. Exceptions are boats with very steep deadrise, they rock back and forth.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:12 AM
Wallhanger

Sorry, no drawing here just my actual boat..........That's a 17'11" hull with a 99" beam.......HAPPY now Minnesoda Fats......LOL . . . . also good news for you Fats........your Drag Queens will not lose today.........because they have the week off ......oh wait, they have been taking every week off......LOL.........

And this boat comes from the Factory with a Trailmaster Trailer ! ! !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0212.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	480.8 KB
ID:	322086   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1729.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	454.6 KB
ID:	322088  
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 10-25-2020, 07:43 AM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

I see you have your name on the ol tub. Is their no end to your vanity & ego.