Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund 1900 fuel main/reserve - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Walleye Boats and Motors

Old 05-09-2004, 08:10 AM
JAZ

Default Lund 1900 fuel main/reserve

How much extra fuel do you have when switching from main to reserve on a 1900 Pro-V ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2004, 09:34 AM
Charter Member

Default RE: Lund 1900 fuel main/reserve

Technically, there is still the same amount of fuel. Lund accomplishes the "reserve" by having different length pickup hoses in the tank. The Main hose is shorter than the Reserve hose. My best guess would be that the reserve gives you less than 5 gallons. I have had the 1900 ProV since '98 and have never run it dry. Only used the reserve once. With 45 gallons of fuel when full, I just top off the tanks every three days. My advice....if you ever have to switch to the reserve setting, get to a gas dock and fill up quickly, if only to put in an extra 10 gals. to tide you over till you reach your camp.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:43 AM
T-Mac

Approximately 10% of a full tank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Charter Member

I asked a Lund technician the same question when I got my 2001 1900 Pro V, and they told me it was approx. 20% which would be 9 gallons. If you want to know exactly I would call Kracor who made their tanks.

Netminder

"Learn from the mistakes of others, because you won't live long enough to make them all yourself"
Old 05-11-2004, 11:34 AM

Asked the same question when I got my new Fisherman. No one seemed to know for sure, although there were guesses in the 10 - 20% range. I've owned a couple Lunds and have always been surprised at the lack of useful information contained in the Lund owners manual. Most of it is very generic and deals with trailering, saftey etc. and very little to do with the specific boat I purchsed. In fact it looks like they print one manual for every model. Only real help I've been able to find had to do with the wiring....and that was limited. Totally unlike amnuals that come with a truck or auto.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:53 AM
Charter Member

Listen to T-Mac..........

Approximately 10% of a full tank.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:05 PM
T-Mac

10% ...approximately. Not near 20%.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Charter Member

T-Mac is right!
Old 05-11-2004, 07:40 PM
alanexpup

On my tyee I ran the fuel gauge to the E line without using the reserve. when I filled up it seemed to take about 30 gallons and it holds 40. of course the angle the boat sits in the water changes the gauge reading. I would rather err on the side of having too much gas though. Run the engine till you have to go on reserve and then take it to the gas station and fill it up. You know what size tank you have and then do the math.