Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Verado 200 big tiller trim limiter?? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 11-19-2015, 06:06 PM
Minnow

Question Verado 200 big tiller trim limiter??

Hey folks! Just looking for some advice.
I have a 2015 pro guide 2075 with a 200 verado big tiller. I'm having a problem getting the boat to trim out properly to get the top performance. As it is, at full throttle and full trim I still have 2/3 of the hull in the water and it makes for a pretty wet ride. Top speed has been about 47 mph which is a lot slower than the anticipated 52-55 and the fuel consumption is a good 30% higher than my 2013 pro guide 2010. .
Even at half throttle and full trim up I can't get the boat to porpoise at all.
I'm wondering if it's an issue stemming from the tilt limiter switch on the verado?
I've been told that I may have to lower the engine in the transom mounts and bypass the trim limiter I order to get more leg in the water to accommodate higher degrees of trim.

Any advice would be greatly greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Wallhanger

Default Verado

What prop are you running?? Check engine height at WOT make sure cavitation plate is just skimming surface, not buried so your not plowing. Last what RPM do you reach at WOT, critical...Chico...
Old 11-19-2015, 08:23 PM
Minnow

Running a 19p SS Mercury tempest pro for prop. At WOT running about 6300 rpm at max trim. I can't say off hand how high the cav plate is at full throttle. It is however, kicking a huge rooster tail way more than my 2013 2010 with the same motor. Not sure what you can tell from that but figured I'd mention it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2015, 08:38 PM
Wallhanger

Default Prop

Sounds like your motor is mounted to low, check cavitation plate at WOT. Done by visually looking at plate while at WOT to make sure it is above the water and not buried. This is a must before you continue with anything else. Once this is done, you can then start experimenting with pitch, size and a number of other variables. Motor height first, very critical...Chico...
Old 11-21-2015, 08:31 AM
Wallhanger

I am curious, how do you look over the back of the boat at 47mph with splash guards on and see where your cavitation plate is running without going overboard? guess I am not that agile or brave.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:38 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Walker View Post
I am curious, how do you look over the back of the boat at 47mph with splash guards on and see where your cavitation plate is running without going overboard? guess I am not that agile or brave.
Very long arms, have someone steer or take a picture or video at WOT.

Tags
big tiller , pro guide , trim , verado