Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund owners beware - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 04-23-2019, 04:25 PM
Keeper

Default Lund owners beware

I just got done installing a boarding ladder on my 2013 2010 Pro Guide. When I driller my first hole just starboard side of the starboard splash well drain I had water come out, Oh No.. I driller other holes to the left closer to the engine and all was dry. I then looked at the port side drain and I saw that the paint was wrinkling around the splash well drain. I think what is happening is that Lund did not seal the drain when installed and the water that fills the splash well sits there and drains into the transom. I sealed the area around the drain holes with clear sealer. You might want to check yours.
Ches.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:28 PM
Wallhanger

You may have just sealed the water in.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:04 AM
Keeper

So your suggestion is to leave it alone and let more water to continue to enter. It's not going to dry from the leaking area if I had not sealed it for years by itself and I sure don't want to go drilling holes to let it dry.
Ches.
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2019, 07:17 AM
Wallhanger

No, I'm suggesting that MAYBE you should have contacted your Lund dealer to let them know what you have here. It's not that they don't know about the problem!! They just don't know about yours. Look, you described it as water coming out of the hole, that means there is already a "considerable" amount where it shouldn't be. And that water is going to aid in rotting your transom, that is going to happen. No question. Best to be on record with the claim now. But you have water in the transom area that needs to be dried before more damage can be done, all you did was put a band aid over a heart attack.

Just my opinion!
Old 04-24-2019, 07:32 AM
Keeper

Thanks, but you didn't say that at first. I thought the Lund warranty was only for original owner but now I see it's transferable. I will take your suggestion and take it in. However, others might like to know this is a source of penetration and be proactive.
Ches.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:51 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ches View Post
Thanks, but you didn't say that at first. I thought the Lund warranty was only for original owner but now I see it's transferable. I will take your suggestion and take it in. However, others might like to know this is a source of penetration and be proactive.
Ches.

On the transferable portion of the Lund warranty...
-If you are not the original owner, was the warranty transferred to you when you bought the boat?
Old 04-24-2019, 09:49 AM
Minn guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ches View Post
I just got done installing a boarding ladder on my 2013 2010 Pro Guide. When I driller my first hole just starboard side of the starboard splash well drain I had water come out, Oh No.. I driller other holes to the left closer to the engine and all was dry. I then looked at the port side drain and I saw that the paint was wrinkling around the splash well drain. I think what is happening is that Lund did not seal the drain when installed and the water that fills the splash well sits there and drains into the transom. I sealed the area around the drain holes with clear sealer. You might want to check yours.
Ches.
Lund doesn't seal the transom cap(the little piece of aluminum screwed down on top of your transom) that's a point for water to enter too.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:24 PM
Charter Member

All of the transom problems are eliminated if the non wood transom board is used to both build and repair any boat transom - as is currently the case for the 2019 Lund boat production.

No wood in a boat, and you have no wood rot.

The same is true of the floor. If you use a non wood product in the floor or anywhere else in the boat you will not have wood rot.

Good luck
Old 04-24-2019, 01:36 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
All of the transom problems are eliminated if the non wood transom board is used to both build and repair any boat transom - as is currently the case for the 2019 Lund boat production.

No wood in a boat, and you have no wood rot.

The same is true of the floor. If you use a non wood product in the floor or anywhere else in the boat you will not have wood rot.

Good luck

Really.........where did you read that?
Old 04-24-2019, 04:58 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
Really.........where did you read that?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OntDbZwFmhk

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk