Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Rib Mountain Marine,American Marine-Shawano? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2001, 02:42 PM
Charter Member

Default Rib Mountain Marine,American Marine-Shawano?

My wife and I are looking for a pontoon boat and have noticed these two dealers advertising very heavily in the Milwaukee area.
We were wondering if anybody has delt with these two dealers and what they thought of them before we take the drive up there to check them out.They have been advertising some very good prices.I just figure its to get you up there(bait and switch) Thanks in advance for any info Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2001, 04:36 PM
Jigger

Default RE: Rib Mountain Marine,American Marine-Shawano?

They are very high pressure. They will sit down with you and then get your price, disappear to talk to a manager, and then come back and tell you what they are able to do, however, you must sign on the dotted line immediately. Check out the service area if you want to see something interesting!

Old 03-13-2001, 05:54 PM
Crestliner gal

Rather than go to the high pressure dealers, check out Cedar Lake Sales in West Bend, or Woodland Pier 1 in Waterford. Both are easy to deal with and will work on your terms, not pressuring you into a boat that you are not happy with. Any dealer who does pressure you like an used car salesman should also wear leisure suits and keep his 'manager's special' in his back pocket. Good luck finding the right boat, there are still some shows left at which you could find the ultimate boat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2001, 01:28 AM
Axe

I don't hear where "Jigger" is comming from. I am familiar with Rib Mountain Marine and have bought a boat from them in the past. Bob is the main, and usually only, man there and is very laid back. This is not a huge store. Be sure that they have the boat(s) your interested in before making the trek. If you come to the Wausau area, check out Dubay Sport and Marine, as they usually have a good selection. (it is located south of Mosinee on Lake DuBay.
Old 03-14-2001, 02:14 AM
Red Ranger

Before you make the long trek up north try M@W Marine in Hales Corners,they have a fine selection of Crest pontoons that are priced very reasonable, and a service department that is top notch.
Old 03-14-2001, 04:20 AM
Charter Member

I went to American Marine this fall to look at what they had. Huge inventory, but the service was terrible. We asked a couple of sales people what the cost of some items were and they did not know, nor did they offer to find out. They walked away. Nothing had prices on them. I would not make the trip to see them. Just my opinion. tr
Old 03-14-2001, 01:41 PM
Jigger

I have never heard of or been in Rib Mountain Marine. I have been to American Marine and stand by my post.