Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Suzuki 9.9 EFI with Itroll Reviews Wanted - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 04-04-2018, 07:50 PM
Keeper

Default Suzuki 9.9 EFI with Itroll Reviews Wanted

Just got a Suzuki 9.9 EFI this year.

Wondering if anyone has run a Itroll with or without Hunt Mode?

Would like to hear how well it works and how fine the throttle adjustment works?

Anyone run both Trollmaster and Itroll and have a preference?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2018, 08:39 PM
Wallhanger

Default Itroll

I can't speak to the Suzuki other than I would like to have fuel injection and 12A alternator but I have been using the iTroll for 4 years and love it. You can adjust the throttle in 1% increments.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:52 AM
Keeper

Have used it for 2 years (without Hunt Mode) with a Mercury 9.9 kicker. Provides precise speed control that I could not otherwise achieve or maintain. Now I will never be without one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2018, 05:45 PM
Minnow

I have used itroll with the 9.9 EFI for over a year and it is ten times better then my old forward controls. My controller is in the back of the boat very handy. I'm fighting hunt mode. I have a hard time setting up the programs and once I get it where I want it conditions change and I'm either to slow or to fast. I'm not done with it yet but have found it easier to bump the terrova up or down and get the same results. Bottom line with a tiller it is a great option. If your not catching hunt mode give you something to do.
Terrova 112
Hummingbird
4 ESS
Old 04-06-2018, 09:20 PM
Keeper

Default Reviews appreciated

Sounds like I will go with it but probably skip the hunt mode for a while.

Thanks for the info.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:17 AM
Wallhanger

my itroll came with the free hunt mode trial period. i think i used it once..
Old 04-14-2018, 10:09 AM
Minnow

I bought a 2017 Suzuki DF9.9B i really like the engine put a lot of hrs on it. The EFI is great hit the button and it starts . I did put the Itroll on it and really like it a lot. I also installed it myself I thought it was very easy. I really like how low you could set it for trolling. But it is pretty sensitive to which i thought was good. I just set it and never touched it till i wanted to change trolling speed. I havent messed much with the hunt mode yet. The best thing i have bought in my opinion. P lud the terrova in front helps alot to.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:50 PM
Minnow

I also run the suzuki 9.9 efi with a itroll. I installed it myself, and I have run it now for 1.5 seasons. I can still use the tiller throttle with the itroll installed, which I like. I have my itroll at the helm, and use a steering rod for steering the tiller. Super easy to dial in your trolling speed, or gun it for a quick speed burst. I have the hunt mode but haven't really embraced it, but it is a work in progress. The suzuki motor has been great, and was way cheaper the comparable Merc 9.9 PK. The only minor neg. of the motor is changing the oil, since it doesn't take a spin on filter, but it is still simple.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:44 PM
Minnow

I picked up a used 15 Suzuki 9.9 w/Itroll w/hunt mode a few weeks back. I rigged it up on my boat and tried it on the MO river last week. It runs smooth, quiet and fires right up. The Itroll is superior to the TM I had on my last boat. I played with the hunt mode a little. It works good once you figure out how to set it.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:59 AM
Keeper

Default Itroll

Just pulled the trigger this morning on the Itroll. Skipped Hunt Mode.

Going to hang motor on boat finally this weekend. This dang snow just won't go away here in Wisconsin.

Looking forward to getting it fired up.

Shawn

Tags
itroll , suzuki 9.9 efi