Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Dealing with the loss of your hunting buddy. - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Hunting Dogs and dogs in general

Old 11-15-2015, 03:46 PM
Keeper

Default Our kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
That's cold and uncalled for. Some of us love our pets just as much as a human friend or relation. To us, they are just as important. If you can't show any sympathy for someone hurting, don't bother to post at all.

Just my opinion...

Juls
We just lost our little buddy! He was all white, long haired and big. He was a very happy cat. Talked back to us all the time. His name was Fonzy. Only had him 2 yrs from being born. He was mom's little baby. wander over to where he wasn't supposed and got hit by a car. Our 2 little neighbor kids saw him get hit, picked him up and brought him home. They were crying their eyes out. They came over every day and played with him.I know a lot of you guys hate cats but they are one of our little buddies, just as important as your hunting dogs. I'm an old (now) hunter and have had many many beagles. Believe me it hurts just as bad!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2016, 11:25 PM
Minnow

Yes, I know the pain to well....check out www.rainbowbridge.com
I found it comforting.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:44 AM
Keeper

Gosh you guys, this is too sad. I have pretty much the same story for a few dogs that were family to me over the years. It is never easy but the memories of just how loving and loyal they are will never be forgotten. It is nice to know we care so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2017, 04:19 PM
Keeper

It's been ten months since I lost my Vizsla ALF he was a great dog and hunter, bed companion, and traveling buddy. I cried my eyes out when it came time to take THAT trip. On the way to the vet my son and I stopped at many of the places we hunted quail and pheasants and opened the door of the truck to let ALf hopefully smell those happy places one last time.
Now I have only my seven year old Vizsla Harley. He seems kind of lost out there this season although he had a nice point on a rooster Saturday. This is it for me with Dogs. I've been raising, training, and filming them for 25 years and I just can't take the emotional hit anymore.
My point is you never really get over it if you have even half a heart. My heart felt condolences to you. Try and remember the good times.

Mike Grandick
Old 06-01-2022, 09:18 AM
Keeper

Today, I bring my springer spaniel, Cooper, for his last ride in the truck. He is 11 years old, but sudden onset lymphoma has robbed us of what should have been a few last, golden years. Two months ago Cooper was fine, and last night his legs wouldn't even support him. He doesn't seem to be in any pain, but he has lost a ton of weight, and seems very confused about what this cancer is doing to him. My heart breaks as I know what this afternoon is going to bring. All pets are special, I know that, but I am partial to springers, this is my 5th one. I got him from Blackbrook Kennels in Clear Lake, Wisconsin back in December of 2011. Since then, he has been my constant companion on my twice-daily walks, on trips to the lake, and on family vacations. We have never left him home. 6 years ago, we brought another black-and-white springer, KC, home to live with Cooper and to provide him with a 'brother', so to speak. KC knows something is wrong, too. This is going to be very hard on him. I love my dogs so much it hurts. All I can say is that the love they bring to our lives far exceeds the heartbreak at the end. Someone once said, 'there is no love like springer love, and it goes both ways.' Goodbye, Cooper, I love you so much, and I thank you for 11 wonderful years. Best dog ever.

Last edited by michigan walleye guy 2.0; 06-01-2022 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Want to insert title
Old 03-30-2023, 01:00 AM
Slot Fish

Default Hunting dogs

I truly believe that when I die, my hunting dogs will greet me.
I have all their ashes in my den, when I die my wonderful wife will mix my ashes with the dogs, Call me crazy, but its kinda of reassuring to be together forever hunting the fields of South Dakota.