Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Telescoping Trolling Rods - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 01-15-2021, 01:36 PM
Slot Fish

I really like the Daiwa RG trolling rods. Nice handle, plenty of power (I use them for river salmon), come in two lengths and cost around $50.

The Shimano Compre is another great rod too. Have only held them in my hand and not fished though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2021, 05:21 PM
Wallhanger

Love my Okumas
Old 01-16-2021, 07:12 AM
Minnow

Try filtering all rods on scheels site for “telescoping”. The telescoping selection is under the “rod pieces” filter. There are a couple of models available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2021, 10:59 AM
Wallhanger

I guess I am goofy with my rods. I have a different rod for each presentation. Length and action. Some will double up, but most suit just one presentation. Cranks, Lead core, Dipsy and riggers. The only cork handles I have are for hand held presentations only. BB, casting and jigging. Bob
Old 01-16-2021, 02:30 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doog View Post
Try filtering all rods on scheels site for “telescoping”. The telescoping selection is under the “rod pieces” filter. There are a couple of models available.
Very few options though.
Old 01-16-2021, 05:04 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPKyllo View Post
Very few options though.
What is your point? I know there is massive difference between a couple and a few.

I was just trying to point out filtering differently might help the OP out, maybe it will maybe it won’t.

Some posts truly amaze me.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:53 PM
Minnow

I have over 9 of the Scheels blue 8'6 telescopic rods. Nice soft rod for crawler harnesses. Poor construction quality. I have had at least 4 rods with eyelet inserts popping out, and a similar amount of but caps falling off. I have glued the butt caps back on, When you loose a rod eye insert -that's it for that rod.
Scheels used to have a lifetime replacement, it is now three years?? with a receipt. NOT worth the grief.

I have moved over to the St Croix eyecon 8'6 rods - no issues. But much more expensive. You get what you pay for.
No more scheels rods
The compre rods are nice - but I am spoiled on the EVA handles and St Croix rods.

Whatever rods you buy - get extras for backups.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:39 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenG View Post
The compre rods are nice - but I am spoiled on the EVA handles and St Croix rods.
The Compre rods have EVA rear grips and full cork front grips.

Best of both worlds!

Waxy
Old 01-22-2021, 02:14 AM
Wallhanger

Default Telescoping Rods

This thread started with a angler looking for telescoping rods. "There aren't very many selections" since the Gary Roach sold out.

I like telescoping because they fit into a rod locker, otherwise see little need for it to telescope.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:56 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Korsgaden View Post
This thread started with a angler looking for telescoping rods. "There aren't very many selections" since the Gary Roach sold out.

I like telescoping because they fit into a rod locker, otherwise see little need for it to telescope.
It's SOOOO convenient though Gary lol, and longer rods are definitely nicer for trolling.

I can put 12' rods in my side rod shelves, but it's a pain at that length, and then if I'm not trolling, they're always taking up prime real estate because there's no where else to put them.

I tried some 2 piece rods, totally not worth the hassle in my opinion. If you have to assemble rods and break them down every time you want to troll a stretch, it's a major deterrent to using them. Not to mention the endless tangles and rigging problems. I got rid of them ASAP.

Having a really nice 8-9' rod that will easily and quickly go into the rod locker is pretty priceless to me.

Waxy