Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ulterra Stowing issue - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 09-09-2021, 06:50 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGregS View Post
I have been in contact with MK and apparently there is a magnetic sensor on the left side of the ramp/cradle. I need to check that and they have emailed me directions on how to get it taken care of.

So when I get back to lake/boat I will see about getting this resolved. I will update everyone on my progress when I get back to the lake.

Thanks to all with suggestions.
You may want to take a look at this thread:
https://www.walleyecentral.com/forum...=723608&page=2

This covers the roll pin and magnetic sensor. The symptoms I encountered with my Ulterra, however, are different than what you are experiencing.
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2021, 07:41 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeboom View Post
You may want to take a look at this thread:
https://www.walleyecentral.com/forum...=723608&page=2

This covers the roll pin and magnetic sensor. The symptoms I encountered with my Ulterra, however, are different than what you are experiencing.
Did that new style arm work out so far? Bob
Old 09-09-2021, 08:47 PM
Wallhanger

No it did not Bob. If you go to the last page of that thread, you can see pics of the new plastic screw mount that broke. I just used the original metal mounting screw to replace it. Also the molded plastic "pin" is somewhat shorter than the metal roll pin so I epoxied the original part and am using it. Keeping the replacement molded arm as a spare.
Old 09-10-2021, 07:14 AM
Minnow

A few days ago my Ulterra wouldn't stow completely either. The prop wasn't indexing correctly, so it would hit the cradle then come to a stop while stowing. I found a You Tube video that fixed it for me. All I had to do was deploy the motor, then kill the power. With the power off, I manually turned the prop to the position needed to stow properly. I powered the Ulterra back up, and it then stowed fully with no error message.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:19 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
No it did not Bob. If you go to the last page of that thread, you can see pics of the new plastic screw mount that broke. I just used the original metal mounting screw to replace it. Also the molded plastic "pin" is somewhat shorter than the metal roll pin so I epoxied the original part and am using it. Keeping the replacement molded arm as a spare.
Sorry missed your last posts. Did you let MK know about it? At this point I will not be "pro active" and replace it. Thanks for your follow up. Bob
Excuse. I was in the middle of a trip and it is too hard for me to monitor WC with my phone.

Last edited by Ozark Bob; 09-10-2021 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:37 AM
Wallhanger

Went back through the thread. The discrepancies you mentioned (metal screw) did you ever get a chance to call back MK to confirm which configuration was the latest and greatest? Bob
Old 09-10-2021, 10:29 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
Went back through the thread. The discrepancies you mentioned (metal screw) did you ever get a chance to call back MK to confirm which configuration was the latest and greatest? Bob
I emailed and called, but received no response.
Old 09-10-2021, 04:03 PM
Keeper

Eyeboom I think that you have it nailed thanks for the link and the solution to your issue.

Your sensor is the same as mine. MK told me that there is one on the left side and I was stumped because I couldn't remember seeing one there. I am guessing, that if I make a micro adjustment to my magnet sensor it will finish stowing the last inch.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:12 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
I emailed and called, but received no response.
I am looking at the parts for a 2020(latest they show) There is an assembly # 2777903(Cam Magnet ASM) is that what you got and is the number the same. The parts diagram shows a stainless screw. screw part alone is 9280710(hdw scr 1/4 20/7/8 SS) If I order I will call to make sure the parts are current for my particular model. This is the link for Minn Kota parts. Get your serial number before you call.
LINK: https://www.minnkotamotors.com/support/buy-parts-online
Old 09-11-2021, 09:55 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGregS View Post
Eyeboom I think that you have it nailed thanks for the link and the solution to your issue.

Your sensor is the same as mine. MK told me that there is one on the left side and I was stumped because I couldn't remember seeing one there. I am guessing, that if I make a micro adjustment to my magnet sensor it will finish stowing the last inch.

I hope so, but not that optimistic. There's really no adjustment to the senor that I can see. When the TM stows, the roll pin is pushed back by larger latching pin. There is a "ramp plunger" sensor on the other side of the TM as shown in the attached pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sensors.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	329168   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sensor 2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	397.1 KB
ID:	329170   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ramp Plunger.jpg
Views:	31