Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
suffice 131 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 07-13-2021, 09:55 AM
Keeper

Default suffice 131

always looking for something better.......bought 2 spools of the NEW Suffice 131 finally tried it out last week. 20# 131 W/ 14# flor leader. drop shotting in 8-20 ft of water. got bit hook set 131 broke off......rerigged next bite hook set broke me clean AGAIN...went back to my go to braid Suffice #832 my two cents!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2021, 12:16 PM
Wallhanger

You mean Sufix 131 and 832 right? Are you sure it isn't your knots? I've been a user of Sufix 832 for many years and I've still not had a single break-off that wasn't either at the leader or the knot - never the braid. I guess it is possible that you got a bad batch? I've had 20# Sufix braid that I could not break. It would pull my boat and bend the hooks out before it would break.
Old 07-20-2021, 07:49 AM
Keeper

Default 131

the line broke awayfrom the knot...my goto braids are the old IRON THREAD & the newer Suffice #832..i agree hard to break. my knot of choice is the polamar knot. 20# 832 took the 131 back to cabelas yesterday!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2021, 03:31 AM
Minnow

Been using Sufix 832 since it came out, brilliant line, never issues with windknots or breakoff's.

The new 131, 13 braid, or 12 braid with the core, is very good too, casts a freakin' mile and is super smooth and strong.
Maybe it's the knot you're using?
Old 10-02-2021, 03:34 AM
Minnow

Like Mojo NC said, he pulls the boat and bends hooks out with that stuff.
The line is super strong!!
Old 11-02-2021, 04:56 PM
Keeper

Default late late correction

Sufix is the correct spelling soooo sorry!!!!! Sufix 832 IS amazing line, but the new Sufix 131 was crap for me just my 2cents
Old 11-03-2021, 05:14 AM
Charter Member

Setting the hook too hard can be one reason braid breaks unexpectedly. 'Jis sayin'.

Bill
Old 11-03-2021, 09:24 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Krejca View Post
Setting the hook too hard can be one reason braid breaks unexpectedly. 'Jis sayin'.

Bill

yeah, I learned that the hard way myself. I was night fishing up the rest fork from Eastport marina on dale hollow lake. I was spooled up with 15# cabelas ripcord. I was using an eagle claw featherlight rod. when I set the hook I felt the set then nothing. the line had broken not at a knot. I loosened the drag, tied on another jig. and put on a minnow and kapow it broke again I loosened the drag even more and started getting fish. with braid at short distances, you better have the drag set loose if you make a hard hookset at all or the line might break.

i thought with the featherlight rod I would need a hard hookest. but after losing 2 fish and then backing off the drag I went to a light tug of the rod to set the hook. with light 15# or 20# braid and a stiff rod a hard hook set and you're going to break off.,