Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Tip up pike north of freezing - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Old 01-25-2019, 11:07 PM
Slot Fish

Default Tip up pike north of freezing

Ice fishing for Northern Pike in Alberta in the frigid cold temps of January. It was below -20C plus a finger freezing wind chill. I think it parts of the video you can see the frost bite setting in on my nostrils and my eye lashes are all frozen up. Despite the cold the fish finally decided to move and we caught a whole bunch of very respectable northern pike including the biggest one at 38 inches. A great day on the ice after a very slow week and a half of fishing. This is how we tip up fish for pike with big herring for bait on stationary tip ups when the holes are freezing so fast that you can't use many other methods. Hope you enjoy the video. I'll be posting more videos soon. Hope you enjoy this one. Let me know your comments, feedback, questions and I'll get right back to you as quick as I can!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ZDKtwvkAk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2019, 03:21 PM
Minnow

I had the best ice fishing ever this winter. I actually like the techniques this bass fishing champion used:brianlatimerfishing.com/about/ I can explain some details, if needed.