Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ice suits - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Old 02-21-2019, 05:53 AM
Wallhanger

I have 2 Striker hardwater jackets and am satisfied with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2019, 09:15 AM
Keeper

I have the Striker Predator bibs and jacket and have been very happy with them. Tried the Clam Extreme Advantage jacket and it was too warm for me to layer a hoodie underneath it unless I was going to fish outside in windy -20 weather. It also didn't fit me well. The body of the 2XL was way too big and the sleeves and shoulders on the XL were too tight. Both seemed well made.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:14 AM
Keeper

A few years back i was looking and everyone was hot on the arctic armor....i dont hear much about them anymore. Are they still around?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2019, 01:26 PM
Minnow

Default Striker Ice Hardwater

I am on my third or fourth year with the Striker Ice Hardwater bibs and jacket. I never owned a prior brand, so I cant compare brand to brand. For sitting out in the open in less than ideal temps or precip (rain or snow), you are dry and warm. I am so impressed and happy with the performance of this item, if I would need another suit, Striker Ice would be it.
Minnkota Terrova w/IPilot Link
Old 02-21-2019, 01:41 PM
Wallhanger

Just bought a jacket/parka and bibs in the Striker Ice Climate series. I like that the jacket and bibs both have a removable liner. Seems to be a very well thought out system with some nice touches like the neoprene sleeve ends, adjustable length bibs, etc. And, it floats.

I plan to use these during hard-water season as well as keeping them available for my early and late season fishing from the boat.

I got mine just recently (couple weeks ago) for under $200 each piece shipped. Good deal as retail is $280 each.

If you want the online store I used, just PM me.

Good luck!

Scott
Old 02-21-2019, 02:15 PM
Slot Fish

I really like the new magnet pocket flaps on the Predator suit. Very easy to get in and out of those pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2019, 12:17 PM
Wallhanger

I've got the Striker Predator jacket and bibs and really like them. I'm short also, and a good feature is the adjustable leg length.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:12 AM
Wallhanger

I have had the Striker Climate suit 4-5 years. It is a bit bulky as are all extreme cold weather snowmobile suits that float, if you are not in a really cold region, then one of the other Striker models might fit your needs better, losing some of the bulk. The legs are adjustable in length which might be a nice feature for you're shorter stature, for me I like the adjustability because I am taller. I found out the suit does float, the hard way. I give it 4 1/2 out of 5 stars, if there was such as thing as one with equal quality, had the same warmth as the Climate, floats, with absolute flexibility I would give it 5 stars.
Old 02-23-2019, 08:09 AM
Wallhanger

Default Ice suits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywagon View Post
I have had the Striker Climate suit 4-5 years. It is a bit bulky as are all extreme cold weather snowmobile suits that float, if you are not in a really cold region, then one of the other Striker models might fit your needs better, losing some of the bulk. The legs are adjustable in length which might be a nice feature for you're shorter stature, for me I like the adjustability because I am taller. I found out the suit does float, the hard way. I give it 4 1/2 out of 5 stars, if there was such as thing as one with equal quality, had the same warmth as the Climate, floats, with absolute flexibility I would give it 5 stars.

Did you go through the ice? Iíve been in freezing water after a kayak tip and it almost cost me my life. That was when I decided on the float suit for ice fishing. Did the suit help, and how did you get out, assuming you went through the ice?

I will say I did not have any buoyancy when I went in with cotton hoodie and blue jeans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2019, 08:28 PM
Wallhanger

The Striker Predator has fit my needs well, comfortable, warm and flexible, in my opinion.