Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund Impact/Adventure vs Crestliner Fish Hawk - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-10-2019, 06:53 PM
Minnow

Default Lund Impact/Adventure vs Crestliner Fish Hawk

Hey guys, Im in the market for a new boat coming up this January. I am upgrading from my Tracker pro 170 (which gave me no issues) and looking for a more multi-species/family friendly boat.
I do have a few limitations going into the search.
- Has to be a 16 footer, this is due to garage length.
- Have to be +/- 1 or 2k of $25K. Cannot budge to far.

My wish list.
- Side console, I am personally not a fan of the full windshield.
- 90HP, would like to be able to pull kids behind on a tube.
- Will not do a glass boat.
- Jump seats, wife really likes them

With this being said I went and took a look at a dealer close to me that sells lund and crestliner. I really like the Adventure, really cant find much wrong with it. The Impact wasnt really on my list but after seeing one I was really impressed with it. It looks like the 2020 version has jump seats in the back. the 2019 I looked at today was just 3 in floor seats. Salesman really sold me on the width of the Impact compared to the Adventure.

Going in I was really interested in looking at the Fish Hawk. I liked that it was welded, and it has a lower pricepoint than the Lunds. I was a little disappointed in these. There was a major lack of storage that stuck out to me the most. The 2 livewells were both extremely small, and the rod locker can only store 7' rods.

If you're still reading this Id like to hear your real life experiences with any of the 3 boats I described. I plan on taking at least one more trip out to look at them again before purchasing in January.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2019, 07:28 PM
Keeper

If you fish in an Impact, compared to the adventure, you will want to go the impact. Can you fit a 1775 with swing tongue into your garage? A 1775 Impact with the 115 merc, no accessories will be about 27 to 28 out the door. The jump seat is an option, 500 bucks maybe, and I got one on my 1875 impact....had to for the 2 times a year I have all 5 of the family with me, and.my wife too insisted! Otherwise I dont use the seats, but it is nice for a rear casting deck. The Impact will feel like alot of boat, mainly because of the width....12 inches wider is worth way more then 12 in length when it comes to stability.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:12 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lund1875# View Post
If you fish in an Impact, compared to the adventure, you will want to go the impact. Can you fit a 1775 with swing tongue into your garage? A 1775 Impact with the 115 merc, no accessories will be about 27 to 28 out the door. The jump seat is an option, 500 bucks maybe, and I got one on my 1875 impact....had to for the 2 times a year I have all 5 of the family with me, and.my wife too insisted! Otherwise I dont use the seats, but it is nice for a rear casting deck. The Impact will feel like alot of boat, mainly because of the width....12 inches wider is worth way more then 12 in length when it comes to stability.
So one thing that irks me about the Lund website and brochure, they dont post the length of the boat when on the trailer with a swing tongue. But based on other brands the 1775 will be to long for the garage. Another thing, the salesman did tell me the Impact is 12" wider than the Adventure as well. However if you look at the specs on their website the beam of the Adventure is 87" and the beam of the Impact is 90". So where does the 12" come from?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2019, 08:22 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsidle61 View Post
Quote:
So one thing that irks me about the Lund website and brochure, they dont post the length of the boat when on the trailer with a swing tongue. But based on other brands the 1775 will be to long for the garage. Another thing, the salesman did tell me the Impact is 12" wider than the Adventure as well. However if you look at the specs on their website the beam of the Adventure is 87" and the beam of the Impact is 90". So where does the 12" come from?
Sorry, thought the 1775 was 96?
Not sure on the 1675.i had a similar boat to the Adventure....when you go to 96 width...in my opinion.....it stabilizes the boat better.
Good luck with the search....you will find what is right for you.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsidle61 View Post
Go here, and download the Lund "Red Book". It gives the storage lengths you're looking for.

https://www.lundboats.com/boat-performance-specs/

HRG
Old 08-10-2019, 09:02 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Sorry, thought the 1775 was 96?
Not sure on the 1675.i had a similar boat to the Adventure....when you go to 96 width...in my opinion.....it stabilizes the boat better.
Good luck with the search....you will find what is right for you.
You could be correct on the 1775. Just was thinking for the price difference between the adventure and impact it may not be worth the 3" in width.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:59 AM
Wallhanger

The Impact 1775 has a 96” beam the 1675 has a 90”. How big is your garage? I would get the biggest boat you can afford otherwise you might regret it later on. The Impact XS is a great boat that would meet the things you listed but unless you find a clearance price I don’t see you getting into a new 1775 XS with a 115HP for under $30k.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:11 AM
Charter Member

Because of the commonality of trailers that Lund uses, the 1775 Adventure is the same storage length than the 1675. Here's a 5 hour demo right at 25K, with a 115 Pro XS.

https://www.fishandhuntshop.com/inve...9820-10207581i

HRG
Old 08-11-2019, 11:40 AM
Wallhanger

Some thoughts you might not have considered.

Since you are looking at the Fishhawk, you owe it to yourself to look at a Superhawk. Super hawks are better in a lot of respects.

There is a big jump in utility when going from the 16’ to 17’ class. 17’s have the second row of seat pedestals which offer more utility and comfort. I much rather have a second row of seats that swivel than jump seats. Crestliner specs include length on trailer so you can figure out what fits

Jump seats look cool but here are the trade offs that I see. The passenger in those seats have an ear about 2 feet from the noisy motor.

Absent jump seats many people can still sit on the rear deck.

If you look at the jump seat designs there are various compromises with storage, and livewell design in the rear deck

The biggest issue is that jump seats usually force the number of seat pedestals on the rear deck to only one. I much prefer two rear deck pedestals off center so two can sit and fish off the rear deck, or one can sit on the rear deck and leave room for others to access the rear deck as needed.

If you opt for jump seats where is the seat(s) coming from to move to the rear deck? I rather the helm and shotgun seat stay in place.

Both 16’ Crestliners mentioned have 12 degree deadrise, and the 17’ Fishhawk has 17 degree. Deadrise significantly impacts comfort and performance in rough water. Since Lund doesn’t publish deadrise I suggest you bring your protractor to the showroom and take measurements.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:07 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
Because of the commonality of trailers that Lund uses, the 1775 Adventure is the same storage length than the 1675. Here's a 5 hour demo right at 25K, with a 115 Pro XS.

https://www.fishandhuntshop.com/inve...9820-10207581i

HRG
Thanks for the link to the Red Book, super helpful! So im a little confused as to how a 1775 and 1675 can be the same storage length. If you look at the redbook the 1675 has a storage length of 18'10" and the 1775 has a storage length of 20' (which is the length i run into a garage problem). Did i miss something?