Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
My 600 lb life - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 02-17-2020, 01:35 PM
Wallhanger

My aunt who lived down the road and recently passed away was well over 600#. Amazingly still very mobile for that weight. She got around the house and to/from her vehicle that she drove fairly well. When she did fall though, it took the many people from the volunteer fire department to get her back up on her feet, literally. At least once per month, they were down there responding to her having fallen. It was 100% her choice to be obese though. She chose that life way back when you could qualify for Social Security Disability for being obese. She purposely blew up to over 400# to get on disability, then over the years, packed on another 200+. In the last 2 years, her health really declined after she refused to have outside caretakers come in, bathe her, and keep her diabetes in check. Her weight was ultimately her fate. She ended up developing mass infections between her uncleaned rolls of fat. For months she was in and out of the hospital battling infections, only to come home, not take care of herself again, and the infections set back in and spread. How my uncle lived that way and enabled that behavior, I will never understand. Ultimately, while she was in the hospital the last time for a mass infection, she went in with her diabetes out of control also, and ended up going into a diabetic coma and passed away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2020, 02:13 PM
Keeper

If the show wasn’t set up and edited to look like a train wreck nobody would watch it