Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Wooden boat building - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 12-03-2018, 05:17 AM
Charter Member

Default Wooden boat building

I haven't watched the whole series yet, but find it extremely interesting. Just an old time craftsman doing it without anything high tech. Something to occupy your time through the long winter. It's amazing how a true tradesman can make things look so easy. I'd have gone through a whole forest of wood with my mistakes trying to do what he does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C22C...vKCmeOwvKCRRjF
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2018, 07:46 AM
Charter Member

Just love his accent in describing all the parts to a boat. As a former wood patternmaker, very interesting.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:59 AM
ol guy

Thumbs up

I went all the way ahead to episode 37 , Truly amazing!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2018, 02:02 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

Very interesting. I almost cringed when I saw that band saw fired up. Old school artisans like this are truly rare and should be appreciated for the talents they have.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:34 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
I haven't watched the whole series yet, but find it extremely interesting. Just an old time craftsman doing it without anything high tech. Something to occupy your time through the long winter. It's amazing how a true tradesman can make things look so easy. I'd have gone through a whole forest of wood with my mistakes trying to do what he does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C22C...vKCmeOwvKCRRjF
So I watched the first 3 episodes early this morning and now I'm obsessed with watching the whole series.......for that , I officially hate you because I'll be up all night watching the rest......just kidding

This will be a real interesting series to watch. My uncle used to build cedar wood strip canoes and kayaks ( up to sea faring size.....I.e. Great Lake size water). They were beautiful works of art when done. He made his own jigs, molds, parts, etc. by hand just like this .fella is doing.

Thanks for sharing

PjShorthorn