Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Recreational marijuana policy at fishing lodges - Page 8 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 11-13-2018, 09:07 AM
Minnow

Michigan, the borders are controlled by the Federal Government. Pot is still illegal in this country so better not have any or say you did any if you do not want to be put into a intensive search.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2018, 01:41 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoofisher View Post
The border is Federal and the Feds will bust you in a heartbeat.

If weed is ever legalized nationally Iíd bet it will still be banned at the border like Indiana chicken and rusty crayfish.
I'll have to check the urban dictionary on this one. Sounds like a sex act.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:00 PM
CEUL

The resort my fiancťe works at finally instituted their no smoking policy in response to the new MI recreational mj law. Going over like a lead balloon! lol Their policy is that if you smoke in the previously smoking-allowed cabins, now it's a $130 minimum surcharge($110/night cabin) if you get busted smoking anything in them. More if it's stinky weed that takes longer and more work to get the smell flushed out. LMAO!!!! They called the people with reservations of those cabins to let them know of the new policy and a bunch of them got PO'd and cancelled. I think they have 38 cabins and my proposal was to make at least one cabin#420 with smoking allowed. They're actually considering it. lol
Old 11-29-2018, 07:34 PM
Minnow

First I'm no lawyer nor police officer. But from what has been reported in the media it sounds like the U.S Border Services could ban a Canadian citizen from entering the U.S. if he/she used cannabis even legally. How their policy would affect U.S. citizens returning to the USA after a trip to Canada if they used cannabis in Canada legally I don't know
Here is a link (one of many stories) out there
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tas...abis-1.4865431
JMO but if planning on using cannabis in Canada you might want to check with the U.S Border Services before your trip on what will happen to you at the border when returning home.
Anyhow just my two cents for what that's worth

Tom
Old 11-29-2018, 07:58 PM
Slot Fish

Just curious so I searched a bit. Here's what I found

"In the case of a U.S. citizen asked about drug use, if they say yes or refuse to answer, Grogan said that person could be sent to secondary inspection for further questioning.

"But we cannot refuse admission to a U.S. citizen," Grogan said.

Perry said U.S. officials are not changing the types of questions they ask at the border.

"The questions we asked yesterday are basically the same types of questions being asked today," he said. "We generally are not asking routine questions about people's marijuana use."

Link to the story.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...na/1659380002/
Old 11-29-2018, 08:09 PM
Wallhanger

While I havenít conducted any surveys or done any research, I donít think Iím going too far out on a limb when I say that most people who smoke dope are comfortable with lying about it to a cop.

Officer: Is that marijuana I smell?

Average pot head: Golly officer, Iím sure I donít know, what does it smell like?
Old 11-30-2018, 02:13 AM
Keeper

Default Save the flamingos

I am really worried about those one legged flamingos and the second hand personally. Maybe we can put a bubble over the areas in which the chronic is heavily consumed........ and just hot box it
Old 11-30-2018, 06:35 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskyman73 View Post
I am really worried about those one legged flamingos and the second hand personally. Maybe we can put a bubble over the areas in which the chronic is heavily consumed........ and just hot box it

I agree. Save the flamingos. Canadian Lodges are also going to have to institute a safe zone around cabins where folks are partaking in some wacky weed. If flamingos are subjected to second hand wacky weed smoke, they will lose their feathers and freeze to death up there in Cananda. These guys are just fine in snow as long as they don't get in the smoke zone.

PjShorthorn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7843.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	535.3 KB
ID:	305814  
Old 11-30-2018, 08:09 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjshorthorn View Post
I agree. Save the flamingos. Canadian Lodges are also going to have to institute a safe zone around cabins where folks are partaking in some wacky weed. If flamingos are subjected to second hand wacky weed smoke, they will lose their feathers and freeze to death up there in Cananda. These guys are just fine in snow as long as they don't get in the smoke zone.

PjShorthorn
Bwaahaahaa !!....
Smoke the "RIGHT STUFF"
And you'll be seeing PINK FLAMINGO'S....
And "other things"
HDS 8 Gen 1
Old 12-01-2018, 01:56 AM
Slot Fish

In Ontario your dope is mailed to your house. Kind of ironic that the government postal carriers have become drug mules.