Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
packages stolen - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 12-10-2018, 01:18 PM
Wallhanger

I've often thought about throwing some white creatine powder in an empty box with a note inside telling them they have less than 30 minutes to get to the closest ER to receive the antidote. Let the scumbags think they just got into some ricin or something.
I think it would be funny to see them roll into an ER all panic stricken, but I'd never do it, because it would be a total pain and scare for the ER staff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2018, 02:14 PM
Charter Member

I was tracking a Amazon package being delivered by USPS today. A map came up and showed the driver in the area and was 6 stops from my home. Once delivered, the tracking actually showed a picture of the package on my doorstep!
Old 12-10-2018, 02:21 PM
Wallhanger

I put 2 taped up amazon packages with spent frying oil in old printer bags(strong enough to indefinitely hold oil) inside. The boxes feel real heavy and expensive if you shake one. One batch of oil fried about 120 oysters(for po-boys) and is super nasty.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:52 PM
Wallhanger

I've seen many of these package thieves on the news where people have security cameras. I just saw one on Fox news where they had a young girl about 8 years old doing the stealing. You could see the girl turn around and get instructions from their parent that was off camera.

https://abc7chicago.com/child-caught...porch/4872419/

I have seen on the news where a women had been a victim of this a few times and started to package up her dog crap from the yard and lets the thieves carry it off.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:59 PM
Keeper

Default Thieves

So my company has lots of items stolen that we ship to customers. The crooks follow the mailman and the the ups trucks and see what type of boxes are delivered. Alot of times they are looking for that specific type of box and playin the gambling game of what they are looking for. It's like drive thru at burger king for the crooks and in the meantime, companies and consumers take the hit. Until people start doing things to circumvent the problem, it will only get worse. Just like everything in life, someone will build a better mouse trap.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:24 AM
Slot Fish

Its not only packages that are getting stolen. Here is letter mail that was rifled through. And a piece of tape added to “cover the crime”.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fcfd1cecdd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2018, 05:52 PM
Wallhanger

I own a business in a busy retail area. Several years ago we started to offer our customers secure package receiving service during the month of November and December. For a nominal fee of $3 to $5 we offer receiving services. We also charge $1 a day for storage to encourage people to pick up their packages. Word got around and we now have about a 1000 packages delivered to our store during holidays. We also get traffic in the store which results in additional sales. This is great way for a small business to increase revenue with minimal investment.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:26 PM
Charter Member

There is a fellow in Tacoma who got tired of thieves stealing packages.

He came up with the "blank box concept."

https://www.theblankbox.com/

Basically, the concept is an empty cardboard box sitting on top of a cement brick. On top of the brick is a device that holds a couple of shotgun shell blanks hooked to a fishing wire trigger.

When the thief picks up the box, it triggers the device and the black box explodes scaring the thieves off.

You might order a couple along with a box of blanks and see how it goes.

Be safe
Old 12-12-2018, 05:42 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
There is a fellow in Tacoma who got tired of thieves stealing packages.

He came up with the "blank box concept."

https://www.theblankbox.com/

Basically, the concept is an empty cardboard box sitting on top of a cement brick. On top of the brick is a device that holds a couple of shotgun shell blanks hooked to a fishing wire trigger.

When the thief picks up the box, it triggers the device and the black box explodes scaring the thieves off.

You might order a couple along with a box of blanks and see how it goes.

Be safe
Not a good idea IMHO..........too much liability on the homeowner.....

I must live in a very SAFE area as we never have problems with packages disappearing due to "Porch Pirates" as they are now referred to. I see packages delivered all the time to neighbors who are working and the package sits by the front door for HOURS.....
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 12-12-2018, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

Just saw on GMA a few minutes ago, that in one city out east, the police are working with Amazon to catch thieves.

The police went to an Amazon facility and got some boxes with authentic labels/tape and put gps trackers inside them. Then, placed said boxes on the porches of individual homes....and, waited.

It took only 8 minutes for the first ping/alert to happen....and, then, they caught the thief.

They would like to do this nationwide since it worked so well.

The police also installed RING doorbells on the houses they chose to use for their sting, so they could get video of it happening.
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com

2019 Ranger 621 FS
300 G2
15 ETEC Kicker
112 Ulterra w/iPilot LINK
Humminbird Helix 12 MEGA SI CHIRP Gen2