Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
What Am I Forgetting??? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 07-02-2019, 09:00 PM
Wallhanger

Default What Am I Forgetting???

Headed north to Canada Friday for one of my yearly fishing trips and in the finishing touches of readiness.
Soooo, what am I forgetting?

Every time I go, I always forget something. But the worst item forgotten was a belt for my pants. Rope works, but not well and definitely not a fashion statement.
Any horror stories or things forgotten that made a negative impact on your trip?

Thanks for sharing.
Live and die on this day......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2019, 09:14 PM
Minnow

I make my yearly list and take it with me on my trip. when I forget something or think of something else I want to bring I write it on the list right then. Works well for me. last trip I forgot my table and ziplock bags...
Old 07-02-2019, 09:14 PM
Wallhanger

I had told this story once before but I remember one trip many years ago when I used to go to Canada. My mom was responsible for packing all of the food and my dad's clothes. Once we reached the primitive camp site, my mom realized she forgot to throw in the duffel containing all of my dad's clothes. That didn't bother my dad a lot since he was a farmer and used to being dirty. He wore the clothes he drove up with for as long as he could then my mom gave him a extra sweatshirt she'd packed for herself. He spent the rest of the trip wearing a light blue sweatshirt with a teddy bear on the front.
Traxxis
HB 999hd SI
HB 858c
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2019, 09:19 PM
Minnow

Passport has been at the #1 spot in bold on my list for a few years now. 2-3 years ago, my Dad lost his passport somewhere along the way -- had it at the border, then lost it. He and his buddy went thru all their stuff at the cabin, twice. Eventually they boated back to their vehicle (they were staying at a boat-in cabin.) Eventually located his passport -- inside the ziplock bag he kept it in, sticking to the roof after the heavy rain in the days prior. He figures that when they were unloading to boat over to the cabin, he put it on the roof above the driver's side door, just to set it down and grab something else -- then left it there for 3 days. Because of the ziplock it was undamaged, and because of the rain, a good gust of wind didn't blow it into the lake. Amazing.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:18 AM
Keeper

One year a guy in our group forgot his tackle box with his jigs at home. We do a boat in resort so no real easy way to go get any. Lucky for him I have almost a tackle store in my boat. I have a Lakeland tackle box that holds 5 Plano 3700 boxes all full of different kinds-sizes and colors of jigs. People laugh at me for having that many but 2 years after that we had a boat of 3 guys with us who didnt have many jigs with them and we saved the trip for them too.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:48 AM
Wallhanger

My wife.

PjShorthorn
Old 07-03-2019, 05:30 AM
Keeper

I forgot my rain gear on a one day fly-in trip a couple weeks ago. Luckily, ProV1800 hooked me up with a couple of trash bags to wear in the rain! When we got back to the cabin, there was the bag with my rain gear, right next to the door where I wouldn’t forget it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2019, 07:39 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camoclad View Post
I forgot my rain gear on a one day fly-in trip a couple weeks ago. Luckily, ProV1800 hooked me up with a couple of trash bags to wear in the rain! When we got back to the cabin, there was the bag with my rain gear, right next to the door where I wouldn’t forget it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You wore the “ Rambo “ look well

PjShorthorn
Old 07-03-2019, 08:03 AM
Wallhanger

Every trip has some sort of forgotten item. One year we forgot to pack the groceries from the downstairs freezer. Many years ago we used to buy groceries at the Safeway in Dryden on the way up. Everyone would grab a cart and head off into the store, reporting back occasionally to the guy with the list. It wasn't until later in the week after missing items that we realized we'd left one shopping cart in the store. The worst was forgetting two limits in the fly-in cabin freezer on the way back. Oh yeah, then there was the time I forgot to stop at the duty-free pickup shack before crossing the bridge into Canada to get the booze we had just purchased. There were long lines of trucks so we walked back across the bridge to get it. You only do that once (hopefully). Forgotten items just add to the trip memories. Have a great time!
Old 07-03-2019, 09:46 AM
Wallhanger

I forgot my belt and my wife forgot her new rain gear. Good thing her old stuff was still in the dry bag with mine and I had some anchor rope to encircle my oversized waist. The belt rack at Canadian Tire didn't come close to my size. On a side note, we drove to Dryden to replace the pump on my Engel bait cooler for the 2nd time in 3yrs. I won't be buying another Engel pump. Ended up with a Frabill that uses 2 D batteries but it worked well for the rest of our trip.