Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Trailers in Mn - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 05-27-2019, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderjet View Post
Are you serious? Up to 7 months to get a title?
Don't get MN residents going about title and license problems. It's been a sore point for years.
https://www.twincities.com/2019/05/0...d-experts-say/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2019, 05:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
I'm a little confused.........if the trailer doesn't require registration do you still get a license plate for the back of the trailer because many other states do require a plate and I know here in NYS you will be pulled over for not having one.
Seeing as how your response is two part I will address it in two parts.

(A) What else is new?

(B) many trailers in MN do not require a lisc. plate to be legal. Those same MN trailers can be legally towed thru NY without a plate as well.

It is no different than some states require a plate on both front and back of your vehicle, while other states only require a plate on the rear.
Old 05-27-2019, 06:36 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
I'm a little confused.........if the trailer doesn't require registration do you still get a license plate for the back of the trailer because many other states do require a plate and I know here in NYS you will be pulled over for not having one.
Remind me not to drive through NY. Here (TN) no registration and no plates are required for most trailers (heavy duty commercial trailers do).
Old 06-02-2019, 02:34 PM
Charter Member

Bobby,
No, for trailers that are less than 3,000 lbs gvw - there is no rear metal license plate on the trailers.

Rather, there is a one time charge to register the trailer and the owner is given a sticker to put on the tongue of the trailer to verify the registration.

So, if one travels in a different state or province and are stopped, one just has to show the officer the registration sticker that is on the tongue of the trailer.

The nice thing about this sticker is that it is a permanent - one time registration for the trailer.
So, as long as you own the trailer, you never have to do any thing with the registration of the trailer again.

When you sell the trailer, all that you have to do, is to sign the title in the correct spot and keep the sellers part of the title and you are free of the trailer.

Good luck