Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Iphone 4s & now Fly-in trip GONE!! Bad month now worse. - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 02-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Minnow

Default Iphone 4s & now Fly-in trip GONE!! Bad month now worse.

Let's just say that the old saying is true.."The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry" Definition. No matter how carefully a project is planned, something may still go wrong with it.

Not only did my NEW iphone 4s get stolen, costing me $600+ if I want to replace...I recently got word that due to circumstance beyond my control (a "good" (not anymore) friend's wedding was rescheduled) and I've had to CANCEL my fly-in trip to the much touted (on WC) Richter Lake Camp.

We were looking for a new spot for this year and after reading positive post after post and speaking to Ed about it, I'd book my crew in there. Three of us in the fishing crew are pals of the victim aka groom and invited. Therefore killing the trip in one swoop.

I'm giving up my June 16th week. Crappy thing is that I've already sent a deposit. ARRG!!

If anybody was looking to go that prime week...it's now free. Your welcome.

PM me if your interested in taking our spot.
**THIS IS NOT A COMMERCIAL** Just posting looking for a crew that wants to take our place (and if possible recoup abit of our deposit $$ back).

BTW..The YouTube vids are CRAZY (drool). Great work 1812 and crews!

Thanks.
Bassive1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 06:10 AM
Slot Fish

WOW WOW HOLD ON!!
Ok phone can wait no biggy but if i understand your freind is getting married so you need to RESCHEDULE your trip??? Check with your outfitter about your deposit. I know mine, Air Cochrane, will not refund but will apply it to a future trip. This happens alot & I find it hard to believe that a reputable outfitter will not credit you for the deposit it's not like you are going in tomorrow! They have plenty of time to fill your spot or let you reschedule for a different week.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:03 AM
Wallhanger

So you guys feel obligated to attend the wedding which is at the same time as the fly in trip? I can understand that.

But honestly that wouldn't stop me from going, I'd just talk to Eddie and pick an alternate date.

I'm pretty sure there's plenty of dates available for Richter and there's no such thing as a "prime time" on that lake believe me.

You could go anytime from the opener in May to the end od Sept and you'd destroy fish. There are no seasonal patterns on that lake, the fish always bite aggressively LOL!

So what's the problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Minnow

Thank you for the sympathies my brothers...I know, why should I have to change my plans?!?! It's just one of those things you take that life serves up.

As for Ed and the $$, he's good stock. He's more than understanding, no question about that. I'm sure I'm not the first person to have had to move dates. We're cool to move the week however co-ordinating/finding a week that several people can book off at once is not the easiest. (mental note: make the crew smaller..he he.. )

Solo, your right it seems...that place is crazy productive. (Whisper voice ..I don't want to go to far here with the positive speak as the "board police" will scold me )

Pikehunters, yes Air Cochrane are good. I flew into Edgar a few years back. It was okay. The weather was REALLY against us that trip. We had everything from freezing rain, crazy high winds, cold to blazing hot blue bird days. Sadly the best days (only 2) were the arrival and departure days. It was the first week of July I recall. Man you have to be ready for it all up there. It really adds to the adventure.

Looks it's back to scheduling mode again. Anybody heading up that way this year??
Old 02-25-2012, 08:57 AM
Slot Fish

Default Couldn't Help It

Ok had to watch some of the you tube vids of richter lake. Man i feel for ya looks like a great lake. Hope u can get it rescheduled!!
Old 02-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Wallhanger

Default reschedule

I don't know how accommodating your outfitter is, but the place we go will let me cancel within a period of time from departure date without penalty and roll my deposit to another date this year or set it on the calendar for next year, same time. However, if I cancel again, they won't rebook me, and I can understand that. Might be worth a try.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Slot Fish

Seems like a lot of drama for something easily handled by a call to your outfitter. Let's hope you don't break a nail at the wedding.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:04 PM
Minnow

Thanks for the tips gents!

Eddie, the outfitter is a class act and is taking good care of us. Deposits safe, trip postponed, not totally cancelled.

Pikehunters, yes the vids are CRAZY. Triple walleye headers on Richter Lake, on tape!.

Now...if i can only get a new Iphone 4s for free life would be grand!!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Slot Fish

Default The best

EDDIES IS THE BEST OUTFITTER I HAVE DEALT WITH PERIOD...
Old 02-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Wallhanger

What's the over and under for the length of the marriage?