Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Television? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 07-17-2019, 05:25 AM
Charter Member

Default Television?

The Suits post got me thinking. Anybody else besides me hardly ever watch TV? I don't think I've watched a show in months. In the winter I might turn on the channel for Investigation Discovery, History, on maybe something else along that line. Never watch any of the major network shows or the news. I do entertain myself now with Youtube. Lots of great stuff on there.
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2019, 06:01 AM
Keeper

Don`t watch much Big 4 networks but Live PD , Forged in Fire and for some reason the Curse of Oak Island on History channel.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:10 AM
Wallhanger

Not much anymore at all. There hasn’t been a show in a long time that I have been glued to and just couldn’t miss watching. I may tune into a sporting event throughout the year,if it is of interest, but college football is the only one that I look forward to watching with any regularity. I might catch the ABC World news occasionally just to keep up on current events, but for the most part I catch world events via reading on my tablet every morning and in the evenings.

If I really want to relax and unwind, I just read something that is interesting to me. The wife on the other hand tapes more TV shows than any one person could ever watch. I think she is always two weeks behind...LOL.

PjShorthorn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2019, 06:48 AM
Wallhanger

We watch shows on Netflix, HBO Go, Hulu, and Amazon Prime, and we subscribe to MLB Network so we can watch the Cubs throughout the regular season, and in the fall we subscribe to the NFL Sunday Ticket package to watch the Bears, but we don't watch much "regular" TV at all. I do record Major League Fishing, The Bass Pros, and Alone, but I only watch after those shows have been recorded so that I can skip all of the commercials.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:00 AM
Wallhanger

I don't need a TV in my house, I wouldn't miss it. I watch a few fishing shows on youtube, and every once in a while I might grab a movie on netflix or Prime. If I'm watching something it is usually to learn something, or how to fix something.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:11 AM
Charter Member

Like to watch the world news and since I seem to have lost my man card anyway, I like the talent shows and on occasion the American Ninja competition,

Other than the above, I could care less about TV. Other than world news (when I'm home) I doubt I watch ten hours a month of TV. Just don't care. Would rather be actually doing something myself rather than watching someone else do something scripted.

Just too much BS out there anymore. I could give a hoot less about all these "entertainers". They would starve in the real world that the rest of us live in. Waste of time.

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Old 07-17-2019, 12:10 PM
Charter Member

I don't watch much TV. I like Jeopardy and I do see the local and national news each evening. I stay up very late each night and I will watch poker tournaments if they are on. Other than that I almost hate what is on TV these days.

Jack
Old 07-17-2019, 12:46 PM
Wallhanger

Sports, movies, MSNBC, Survivor. That’s it. But that’s plenty more than I should!!!
Old 07-17-2019, 01:09 PM
Wallhanger

Watch tons of TV. Love it. Best thing ever. would watch more if I could. On fishing trips I live on the weather channel after getting off the water.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:22 PM
Keeper

Default Like to watch the old shows

I like to watch a few ball games, NASCAR and some local news. I get all the national news from the computer. I do like to watch a few old TV shows on Direct TV, the ones set in the 1950 and 60s. Perry Mason, Peter Gunn and a few more. I like to pick out the old cars that I can ID. That was a time when cars didn't all like the same.