Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lac Seul Evergreen Lodge. - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 01-13-2018, 08:14 PM
Minnow

Default Lac Seul Evergreen Lodge.

I will heading up to Evergreen Lodge June 16-23. It’s our first time up near Ear Falls. We usually fish out of Onaway but left for a year and lost our spot. My dad has fished LS since 1960 out of Scout Lake and Onaway with all his buddies. We have maps and spots for that area. We now turned it into a family trip and head up with 10 guys and 6 kids. I’m excited to fish a new spot of LS but worried about hazards and new spots. If anyone can share any info about that area it would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2018, 05:24 AM
Pox

After staying at Onaway Evergreen will be a big let down. Poor cabins poor boats and poorer fishing. Hope the new owners clean things up a bit.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:26 AM
Wallhanger

I've had a few opportunities to guide out of evergreen for patty.i though there boats were just fine.i didn't make the long trip to bay of islands and just fished within the area between camp and into steamboat narrows.caught nust as many fish and same size as I do when I fish out of one-way.tough area to boat in and find fish in rough water.really have to know that part of the lake to know where to go on rough days.camp gives you good maps and boating is fairly save if you pay attention to the maps.once your through steamboat there is all kinds of good fishing.really don't know why people travell so far.cant say much about there cabins but they are comfortable enough.there are no accomadations on lac suel that would come close to onaways accomadations including the dock and fish cleaning house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2018, 08:26 AM
Wallhanger

Default Lac Seul Evergreen Lodge

We have stayed at Evergreen Lodge for the past 5 or so years. Previously we stayed at bother camp in the same area.
I cannot speak about Onaway but will assure you that Evergreen Lodge is a well run camp with a friendly owner and staff. Lots and lots of repeat customers. We use one of their upgraded boats and 4 people have plenty of room in there.
Never an issue with the cleanliness or performance on any piece of equipment the camp owns.

I wish I could help with regards to navigation hazards but my buddy is the guide in the boat and I’m the cook! Pat can help with navigation hazards and best routes

Pat is a great person and I can assure you thT your group will have a great time at the lodge.
Garmin
Old 01-14-2018, 03:52 PM
Minnow

Evergreen's a great lodge, cabins are more than adequate. Their boats are 18' with 2 live wells for bait. We've visited plenty of lodges and I'm yet to find boats that have live wells for minnows. The north end of the lake is much better in June than July, but a 30 minute boat ride to Steamboat will put you in plenty of fish. Pat does a great job and will go out of her way to make sure your trip is a good one.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:31 AM
Wallhanger

Anytime we have fished out of the Ear Falls side, we never had problems finding walleyes anywhere. Any windblown point will produce. If you are bringing your own boat, GPS/Navionics is a must, and will keep you in the right areas. You can stay close to camp or venture out far to the east and do really well. Good luck on your trip!
Old 01-17-2018, 07:20 AM
Slot Fish

I don't think you will be disappointed with Evergreen at all. Sure, cabins aren't quite as nice as Onaway (few are), but you likely know that if you've looked on their website. Both lodges have excellent boats as well. I thought Patty's were actually a little nicer. You can't go wrong with either of those lodges.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:49 AM
Wallhanger

Not sure what kind of electronics you have but on my navionics chip for my lowrance there is a safe route line going from earfalls back south.that will safely take you right through the shanties and toward siouxlookout.depending on water temps those fish in that area will either be in the wenesaga river area(but gets crowded there) or the sawmill bay area.very good fishing by linker point on your way to sawmill.i usually went past the entrance to sawmill(also busy)and worked my way along that shoreline toward steamboat and the shanties.very goog fishing but very dangerous.but if you take your time you will be good.but it is a mine field there.fairly quiete there due to hazards.if you leave camp to head to steamboat and go straight across need to be carefully quite a ways down as there are two rocks either out of water or underwater.they are called dolly reef.good fishing there but need to be carefully till you find them.steamboat narrows on your good to go to shanties or bay of islands.you should be familiar when you get there.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:35 AM
Keeper

its been a few years because we switched to lake of the woods but FOR years I fished lac suel from scout bay to earfalls. we found from opening to mid-late June fishing around earfalls was as good as by scout bay. we stayed at white wing so I can't help much there. If you fished lac suel before I think you'll do fine.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:52 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by prov1800 View Post
Not sure what kind of electronics you have but on my navionics chip for my lowrance there is a safe route line going from earfalls back south.that will safely take you right through the shanties and toward siouxlookout.depending on water temps those fish in that area will either be in the wenesaga river area(but gets crowded there) or the sawmill bay area.very good fishing by linker point on your way to sawmill.i usually went past the entrance to sawmill(also busy)and worked my way along that shoreline toward steamboat and the shanties.very goog fishing but very dangerous.but if you take your time you will be good.but it is a mine field there.fairly quiete there due to hazards.if you leave camp to head to steamboat and go straight across need to be carefully quite a ways down as there are two rocks either out of water or underwater.they are called dolly reef.good fishing there but need to be carefully till you find them.steamboat narrows on your good to go to shanties or bay of islands.you should be familiar when you get there.
Is dolly reef north or south of steamboat narrows? Im going to Lac Seul this summer and trying to mark those hazards spots as best as I can in advance. Thanks!

2020 Lund 1975 Pro-V
225 Mercury 15 Mercury
Ulterra 112 I Pilot Link MDI
Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA+ SI (2)
Humminbird 360