Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fleet Farm Online Ordering Feedback.... - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 05-14-2021, 02:45 PM
Keeper

Thumbs up Fleet Farm Online Ordering Feedback....

I was looking for: a Trilene XT 10# Clear 1000 yard spool, Off-Shore OR16 red clips, & Lanky 2 oz. Drift Weights at my local, Stevens Point, WI, Fleet Farm store. They were out of all 3 items, but available to order online.
I called the corporate # inquiring as to if they actually could fill my online order, and just how soon the items would be shipped out. I was told the order could be filled, but may not ship out for 4-7 days.
Reluctantly I placed the online order about 9AM, Wed. May 12th. That same afternoon at 1259 & 152PM I received 2 separate emails, indicating all 3 items had already been shipped. The spool of Trilene and Lanky weights had been shipped from the Cedar Falls, IA, and the OR16's had been shipped from Winona, MN, both packages coming via FedEx. I got the OR16 clips, from Winona the next day, Thursday, @ 1110AM. The other two items from Cedar Falls came today @210PM.
I am not affiliated with FF, just posting this for others who may be struggling to find items. The Trilene line was not available anywhere in the US, online. I am not sure, but I'm guessing the items I wanted were shipped from the closest stores to me, that had them in stock. Shipping was $9.99 for $60.24 worth of items.
Your experience may vary/Hope this helps someone out,
Gregory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2021, 03:16 PM
Slot Fish

Default Fleet Farm

I , also have had great luck with my orders from FF . Very fast and sometimes no freight
if order is large enough . Been my more favorable source than BP or C .
Just saying
EWK
Old 05-16-2021, 10:36 AM
Minnow

If you get on their email list, they have free shipping offers almost weekly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2021, 09:23 PM
Charter Member

Unhappy Yeah, but. . .

Ordering on-sale baits can be frustrating. My recent order of 8 or 9 different items resulted in a half dozen "we are unable to fulfill the below items" replies.
Old 06-02-2021, 07:26 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewinder View Post
Ordering on-sale baits can be frustrating. My recent order of 8 or 9 different items resulted in a half dozen "we are unable to fulfill the below items" replies.
I had that same message this spring on some blade baits. I ordered like10 and got 3 or 4.
Old 06-02-2021, 08:06 AM
Wallhanger

I ordered a new Terrova March 15th and I had the very first raincheck in Fleet's system so mine should have come first, it came last week when Reeds, Scheels, and others were getting a few units the whole time thru this supply shortage. Fleet's problem seems to be coming right from the top of the company, the buyers follow the company business plan with apparently zero flexibility. Many calls to Appleton (home office) were answered by people just as frustrated and gun shy as the local store employees. I had the sense when I called Minn Kota they were trained to be very candid about Fleet but were well aware of their demise. Somewhere at the top heads should either start rolling or the company should be sold. I think customers are starting to make this decision for Fleet, plenty of parking at Fleet when Menard's is packed. Not sure why I keep going back, old habits are hard to change. Even Gander has better selection AND price lately.
Old 06-02-2021, 06:44 PM
Wallhanger

I had very bad luck this winter with FF saying they had stuff in stock and then it not being there when I tried to order it, mostly sale items. I put it down to The Way Things Are These Days and didn't hold it too much against them. If it keeps up though I'll just write them off, I hate bait and switch.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:25 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawg View Post
I ordered a new Terrova March 15th and I had the very first raincheck in Fleet's system so mine should have come first, it came last week when Reeds, Scheels, and others were getting a few units the whole time thru this supply shortage. Fleet's problem seems to be coming right from the top of the company, the buyers follow the company business plan with apparently zero flexibility. Many calls to Appleton (home office) were answered by people just as frustrated and gun shy as the local store employees. I had the sense when I called Minn Kota they were trained to be very candid about Fleet but were well aware of their demise. Somewhere at the top heads should either start rolling or the company should be sold. I think customers are starting to make this decision for Fleet, plenty of parking at Fleet when Menard's is packed. Not sure why I keep going back, old habits are hard to change. Even Gander has better selection AND price lately.
I had some time to kill one day last summer on a weekday and was in the fishing department. The manager was in there and I was BS'ing with him a bit about when they'll be restocked. It was nearly devoid of almost anything you'd normally use.

He said they make the spring order in the winter, and don't restock until the next year. They try to estimate what they'll need. So....once a year on the sporting goods items. Of course they didn't know they'd be slammed from the C19 and have their store looked like it was looted. But it really did.

So, you may have run into that problem with your Minnkota at Fleet while the other stores have a different restocking program.