Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
G3 Angler V18SF [2022] - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-31-2021, 06:12 PM
Minnow

Default G3 Angler V18SF [2022]

New to Walleye Central. After looking at virtually every deep V on the market I'm about to pull the trigger on a G3 Angler V18SF. Why? Yamaha motor, double plated hull, no wood transom, EZ loader trailer and multiple other reasons. Has anyone here purchased a G3 Angler in the last year or two that has any feedback, good or bad. Appreciate any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2021, 09:06 AM
Wallhanger

I looked closely at G3. I like their layouts and wide front casting decks. They also offer dry storage on many models. Fit and finish is not as good as other mainstream brands but the quality of materials seem just as good. I think they are a fine boat.
Old 09-01-2021, 09:27 AM
Minnow

Thanks JJY, I know the "details" lacked a few years ago, but I have to say, on the 2021 and 2022 Anglers the console, gauges, switches, controls, steering wheel, vinyl flooring, and even the carpet seemed of higher quality than LUNDs I looked at. The Starcraft Delta was another thought for me, looked like a nice boat too, but we're back to the wood transom on that. Appreciate your thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2021, 09:32 AM
Wallhanger

The fit and finish I'm talking about was some welds on flip bench and large uneven gaps on front deck floor of vinyl versions. I also didn't care for their flip bench and positioning of seat posts that gave no room for people to sit on bench and seats ahead of it. I still like their boats based on dry storage and very large front decks. Also good use of storage. I was very close to pulling trigger until I found my 205 comp with larger motor for cheaper. Please report back on the boat, not a lot of feedback for G3 on here.
Old 09-01-2021, 09:59 AM
Minnow

Yes, there are some things about the boat that may not be perfect, another thing I did like was the "toe slots" on the side of the gunnels. Lets you get your toes under the storage on the sides when your pulling one in over the side. Kind of unique. I looked at the Kingfisher 1825 Warrior also, looks like a super nice boat, but made in Canada and not many dealers around.

I might even start a YouTube channel if I get the G3 and do vids over the course of year or so. It might help guys out looking for options. I know G3 is big in the southern states but they've been building the deep Vs long enough to work the bugs out I HOPE!
Thanks again for your thoughts, it all helps.
Old 09-01-2021, 10:13 PM
Minnow

I had a 2013 V172c with a 90 on it. I really liked that boat. Honestly I wouldve bought another. Ended up going a different route because I found a dealer that answered all my questions and returned calls.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:39 AM
Minnow

Thanks for your purchase history, good to know you liked your boat. I hear ya about the dealers too. Its seems when times are good there is some arrogance out there. Not sure I get that mentality, but whatever.
I cant believe what a journey it was just to come to a decision on a fishing boat. I mean my house and my truck was not near as much of an epic hassle as this boat buying thing. Hopefully this pays off. Thanks again for the intel.
Old 09-03-2021, 02:41 PM
Minnow

My neighbor at the lake had one. He sold it after a few years and went to Lund. His complaint was that he could not get it to ride on the back of the hull. It always ploughed nose down, with the spray coming off in front of the console/window. He had a Yamaha on it, and tried raising the motor, a few different stainless props, lots of trimming, and never could get it to stop ploughing.

I looked at a used one last fall before deciding to buy a new Lund instead. I asked the gentleman who owned it how it rode in that regard, and described what my neighbor experienced. His answer was "Yup, that's how they ride, but I don't mind it too much".

You can see what I mean in the attached comparison pic. G3 on the bottom. Also check the videos on Youtube. You'll see what I mean, everyone that I looked at they are ploughing water from the front with the spray coming off forward of the console. Make sure you're ok with that before committing.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boats compare.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	411.2 KB
ID:	328996  

Last edited by therealjoeblow; 09-03-2021 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-03-2021, 03:23 PM
Minnow

Interesting, have not heard that as an issue before. I think there are a lot of variables that would come into play on something like that. Obviously power/size of the motor being the critical one. I did a quick check on YouTube as you suggest and found numerous photos with a G3 riding well out of the water and off the bow. [see pics] So, I get your point, but not sure its an issue for me at least. I'm looking at powering with a 150hp on the Angler 18 so I cant imagine that a substantial problem. But, we'll see. Thanks for your observations.
I also though I would include some pics, for further discussion, of the console, top view etc. I love the vinyl throughout, and I have not found a console that has what I think are good quality gauges. Just more things I like about this boat, but at the end of the day I think its just "going with your gut" and thats all I can do I guess.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	G31.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	328998   Click image for larger version

Name:	G32.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	329000   Click image for larger version

Name:	G33.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	329002   Click image for larger version

Name:	G34.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	329004   Click image for larger version

Name:	G35.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	329006  

Last edited by WalleyeJoe2020; 09-03-2021 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-03-2021, 06:11 PM
Slot Fish

How many rods can you put in the center rod locker? My thought was only 4. Most boats now hold 10. Unless I'm wrong that would bother me as I use my center rod locker all the time. Other than that the layout looks great

Tags
2022 g3 angler v18sf - , g3 angler v18sf