Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2013 Mercury 9.9 Pro Kicker Trim Issue -- Where are relays located - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 07-02-2016, 03:16 PM
Keeper

Default 2013 Mercury 9.9 Pro Kicker Trim Issue -- Where are relays located

As the title states, I'm having issues with my 9.9 trimming up. I suspect its either the relay or the toggle on the controls. If it helps it's a F9.9ELPB Model # 1F10452EK

Can someone point me in the direction of where the relays are located on the 9.9 Pro Kicker? If it helps its factory rigged by Ranger on a 2013 620VS.

I've already ordered 2 relays and the trim switch figure i have a fishing trip coming up and for what it costs i just ordered everything

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2016, 06:50 AM
Wallhanger

I don't know specifically on your boat, but on mine, the relays are under the splash well. Just follow the power cables and you should find them.
Old 08-02-2020, 05:07 PM
Minnow

I'm resurrecting this old thread in hopes that someone has the answer to the original question which was where are the power trim relays located on a 2013 Mercury 9.9 hp Pro Kicker. I'm having similar issues as the original post from 2016 on the same motor where my motor will trim up but not down. All of the info I've been able to find on the web is for larger motors where the two relays (up and down) are visible and very accessible under the cowling. I did not see anything that resembles a relay along the power cable going back to the battery as the previous poster suggested. The attached photo (if I can get it to post) shows where the green and blue wires from the trim motor connect under the cowling at the front of the motor. Any help greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2020, 08:40 PM
Keeper

I want to say they were on the left lower inside cowling, i replaced mine and it didn’t fix the issue, the whole time like a 13.00 toggle switch on the control.

I wish I could recall, but i ordered the parts from some mercury online parts store and repaired it myself one day. I ordered a new relay from Cabelas, wasted that money it was a no issue

I would recommend the switch at the control first it’s cheap and you can rule it out.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:11 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouki7 View Post
I want to say they were on the left lower inside cowling, i replaced mine and it didn’t fix the issue, the whole time like a 13.00 toggle switch on the control.

I wish I could recall, but i ordered the parts from some mercury online parts store and repaired it myself one day. I ordered a new relay from Cabelas, wasted that money it was a no issue

I would recommend the switch at the control first it’s cheap and you can rule it out.

That was mine too, 2016 15 HP kicker. It would go up and down with the switch on the cowling but only up with the throttle mounted switch. Dealer had a switch and they replaced it and that was the cause of the problem.
2016 Lund 2175 Pro V white, 350 V-Rod, 22 Bravo 1LT, 15 Pro Kicker, Trollmaster 2, 112 Ulterra link w/blutooth, 2-Helix 10 SI, wash down, full canvas, bike seat, bow rails, bait station, Montana Rock Guard AND dual spare tires. Purchased From the best dealer in the west, Townsend Marine. added 6 in. hydraulic jackplate. Still won't do 60 mph!! Man, I thought the dual spare tires would do it.

1975 Hewescraft 18' River Runner, 135 Evinrude outboard jet.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:22 PM
Minnow

Thanks for the info guys. From everything I read it sounded like a relay issue but I'll play around with the switch first. At least I know where to find that.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:01 AM
Wallhanger

You can test the relays by just by-passing the switch and connecting the the power wire to the up relay side and see if the motor moves up (which it should) then connect the power wire to the the down side relay wire and see if it works. If the motor moves in both directions then it's just the switch. If it moves only in the up direction then for sure one relay is bad - but it doesn't rule out the switch. Chances of both relay and switch being bad is pretty small.

Marty