Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2007 Tracker Tundra 21 DC Fishing Team Addition - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 06-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Keeper

the boat was tied to the dock in rough water and swamped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 06:37 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrandick View Post
the boat was tied to the dock in rough water and swamped
Not even close,......

Transom broke apart coming back to the harbor,............
Old 06-18-2013, 07:27 PM
Charter Member

Default i'll throw in

i have fished out of 3 differant tundra's. gotta say if it is real rough , i'd take the tundra over any boat i have been in,,, but it is 21 foot long,,, it should ride nice.
also they were around --over 45 K when bought new.

i personally liked the boat. ,,, but felt they were over priced at the time.

I would probably own one,,, but for me trolling was a big issue.

they just woud not follow a contour worth a hoot trolling with the kicker at the wheel.
that was the issue for me.

so if you don't contour troll .... i think it would work for you.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Charter Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxANUy-TuLk

While fishing around Gull Island shoal north of Kelly Island on Lake Erie, my fishing partner noticed a man waving his arms.

We were a good distance away but it seemed as if he was just above the water and could not see a boat in the waves.

We pulled lines and ran over to him.

A boat from Fishermans warf got to them before us and had already pulled 3 or 4 guys out of the water, into their boat.

We offered to take some of the crew but they said they had it under control and had been in contact with the C.G. and waiting for them to arrive.

This boat had just the nose above water when we arrived, just like the video shows.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:47 AM
lipstick in the barnyard

Video inspires confidence. But if the price is right, even anchors sell quickly.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:21 AM
Keeper

Better sell mine and go back to a RIB
Old 06-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Keeper

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums...ad.php?t=61525

That Tracker swamped not from a hull failure. Any boat, see above link, can be swamped if you aren't careful
Old 06-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Slot Fish

Cheddar---I owned a 2003 Tundra 18 W/T with a 150 Opti and fished Green bay, Sturgeon Bay, SD lakes, the Mississippi River, Winnibigoshish and anywhere in between. I never had any problems with the integrity of the hull what so ever! I even hit a submerged rock pile in SD going about 20 mph, of course the lower unit needed replaced but the boat never was damaged. If you like the boat and you feel comfortable with it than go for it. I have no regrets owning a Tracker Tundra even with all of the bashing that takes place on this site about them. And the Z21 is modeled after the Tundra 21 so if you think that you might want to spend an extra $40K then you can go that route.
Good Luck with your decision.
DUK
Old 06-21-2013, 07:52 AM
Minnow

Default 2007 Tracker Tundra 21

Not to hijack this thread,but something seems odd to me about the video,and possibly the boat tied to the dock.I have no comment on reliability issue but,does the Coast Guard mandate about "upright level flotation"only apply to boiats 20' and under? I have seen pictues of other fishing boat brands swamped due to rain-bilge pump problems,heavy seas,drain plug,etc.but not sunk like the pictures.I understand a boat can flip over but the foam flotation should still keep it afloat.A friend of mine had a hull failure on 28' offshore boat and it sunk with only nose above water,probably due to trapped air.
One other thing that comes to mind is a boat brand a believe it was called a Patriot was alledged to not have enough flotation in it.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:20 AM
Wallhanger

Ranger has done it for years with the boat that has holes cut into it and now I even see that Lund shows pics of this! If the boat is built right, even filled with water it should still float upright and not sink!!! Tracker's reputation has a long way to go before people will go that direction. The only reason they sell a lot of boats is they sell low end boats that are way underpowered and the majority of people have no clue and just look at price. I am not saying everyone has to pay ranger and lund prices, just look at what you are getting for your money? You could get into other aluminum brands with better reputations for the same cash I am sure.......