Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Boat operator's license - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 12-29-2020, 01:01 PM
Charter Member

Thumbs down Boat operator's license

Sounds like another way for Ontario to get more $$$$ from us. If US outdoorsman would stop coming to Ontario what would that do to their economy??????????????????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2020, 01:18 PM
Minnow

If you're here for less than 45 days, no license required.
Old 12-29-2020, 02:06 PM
Wallhanger

A US boating card will also do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2020, 04:20 PM
Wallhanger

Quit your *****'n. If you have a boaters card for the state you live in you have was is proposed in Ontario. If you don't -- you should have weather it's required or not.
Ontario does not profit from your getting a card that is recognized in the US. The point is boater safety not profit.
Old 12-29-2020, 04:53 PM
Wallhanger

Your Ohio certificate is good in Ontario. Your Ohio certificate is free. Now you have no reason to be angry. Maybe that disappoints you. If it does and you want to spend money so you can feel justified in your anger I suggest you take the class for free and then send a $100 donation to the Anglers of the Au Sable.

https://www.ausableanglers.org/membership/

You're welcome. You can even send it in my name if that will make you angrier and more satisfied.
Old 12-29-2020, 05:26 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetimedave View Post
Sounds like another way for Ontario to get more $$$$ from us. If US outdoorsman would stop coming to Ontario what would that do to their economy??????????????????????

Well, for one if it were a requirement (and it isn't cause you are wrong) it's Federal requirement not a provincial one, so Ontario being a province in this country would have no say in the matter.

And to answer your question on the economy..............you all stopped coming this year, and for the most part (COVID-19 aside) things worked out pretty well.

Please get over yourself! LOL
Old 12-30-2020, 07:18 AM
Charter Member

I am very much against the POTENTIAL rule changes. The government will simply use resorts as a way to force this, but will give no benefit to the resort for adding all the work.

Just my opinion.
Old 12-30-2020, 07:26 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
I am very much against the POTENTIAL rule changes. The government will simply use resorts as a way to force this, but will give no benefit to the resort for adding all the work.

Just my opinion.

What work? The resort may remind you dockside of the rule changes, that's no work at all!

Currently the resort if providing a rental boat, needs to perform a dockside rental checklist with the renter if they don't have the Pleasure Craft Operators Card. If these new rules come into effect, they won't have to do that as everyone would need to have the Pleasure Craft Operators Card anyway.

So, in fact if the rule changes come to fruition, it's less work for the resort!
Old 12-30-2020, 07:33 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post

Just my opinion.
That doesn't surprise me. They haven't even lifted a finger to help the resorts for all business lost in 2020 at all !!!
Old 12-30-2020, 08:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggamefisher View Post
What work? The resort may remind you dockside of the rule changes, that's no work at all!

Currently the resort if providing a rental boat, needs to perform a dockside rental checklist with the renter if they don't have the Pleasure Craft Operators Card. If these new rules come into effect, they won't have to do that as everyone would need to have the Pleasure Craft Operators Card anyway.

So, in fact if the rule changes come to fruition, it's less work for the resort!
It will force the resort owners to enforce the law. Instead of quickly going over a checklist it puts them in an adversarial position with some unprepared and belligerent customers. Resort owners like all business owners don't want to be forced to argue with their customers.