Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Tackle Warehouse - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 12-25-2021, 01:21 PM
Keeper

Default Tackle Warehouse

I've been seeing a lot posts on a few other sites about TW being hacked. There is some controversy about this and I'm wondering if any of you have heard about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2021, 03:48 PM
Wallhanger

Default 10% off

I buy their gift cards when they have 10% off like now and use the card throughout the year. Would that credit be in danger if their system is hacked?
Old 12-25-2021, 04:53 PM
Keeper

That's a good question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2021, 06:00 PM
Keeper

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ble...ear-sites/amp/
Old 12-26-2021, 05:36 AM
Wallhanger

All I can tell you is that a few years ago, I made a purchase from there. Within a week, I had fraudulent charges on my card. I had to have a new card issued. I have never had that problem before or since then.
Lowrance Gen2 Touch 9 with network to the trolling motor
Old 12-26-2021, 06:01 AM
Wallhanger

If they have your CC#, yes, you can have trouble.
Old 12-26-2021, 06:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugler View Post
All I can tell you is that a few years ago, I made a purchase from there. Within a week, I had fraudulent charges on my card. I had to have a new card issued. I have never had that problem before or since then.
Two years ago I ordered maps from the Canadian government website and within hours had fraudulent charges popping up on my credit card. It happens to about everyone using the internet sooner or later. PITA...

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Old 12-26-2021, 06:46 AM
Wallhanger

Me debit card was recently hacked I wonder if it was related to TW. Several years ago my credit card was hacked, about a year or so later my CC security department contacted me to let me know they had traced it back to somewhere in Russia. Unbelievable!
Old 12-26-2021, 07:03 AM
foxy

To avoid having your credit card numbers stolen get a Capital One Venture card. They will assign you virtual card numbers that are link to your actual card to a merchant and ONLY those card numbers can be used at that merchant. For example you purchase online at Walmart have in your wallet a Capital One Credit Card that bears the numbers 1234 5678 9012 3456 but your Walmart card numbers are assigned 0000 1111 2222 3333. Now if some one steals those numbers and tries to purchase something at Cabela's the purchase will be DENIED and you will be notified via email that the purchase was denied because those numbers were originally assigned to Walmart. You can then turn off that credit card number on your internet account and have new credit card numbers re-assigned to Walmart for future purchase. Also now you don't have to get a new credit card for your wallet, etc.

Great Idea and System.
Old 12-26-2021, 09:33 AM
Wallhanger

Fraud is everywhere, to reduce this don't use your debt card to purchase anything, don't have your CC info "on file" and what I do is buy a prepaid CC for a little more than I spend, paypal has been hacked as well. If my CC does get hacked , won't have to go through all the BS of getting another card and losses with be minimal. Trust no one !