Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Finding a trailer for my old Lund Pro V - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 08-21-2021, 09:45 AM
Minnow

Default Finding a trailer for my old Lund Pro V

I just bought a 1997 Lund Pro V 1900 LE. It came with a single axle Shorelander roller trailer. I want to find a (used if I can) dual axle trailer for it.

I've never tried to fit a trailer to a boat before. How do I know if a used double axle trailer with bunks will fit the bottom hull of my Lund 1900?

Thanks for any insight in helping me to find a proper dual axle trailer for my rig.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210820_181734_resized.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	328800  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2021, 06:15 PM
Charter Member

If you can find an "adjustable" Shoreland'r or EZ Loader, you should be able to adjust the bunks as needed. If you find a fully-welded trailer, you should plan on having to cut the supports and placing where needed.

https://www.marinerscovemarine.com/2...-boat-trailer/

HRG
Old 08-22-2021, 07:55 PM
Minnow

Definitely looking to find a better trailer than the Shorelander I already have. Not impressed with them.

I'm hoping to find a used Trailmaster, Eagle, Heritage, etc......or something that I can modify as a last resort. I have all the tools and skills necessary to fabricate, I just prefer to leave that at work if I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2021, 04:37 AM
Wallhanger

How long are you planning on keeping that unit? If no plans on trading or moving on to something else, you might want to consider new to get the welded bunk trailer you really want. That boat looks nice enough to put a new Cobalt Blue trailer under it. I like helping other people spend their money. LOL.
Have a great day.
Jim
Old 08-24-2021, 06:02 AM
Minnow

Biggest problem with new trailers right now is the wait time.....just the same as everything else these days. I've been quoted 6 to 8 months from 2 different trailer manufacturers.

I've got my own shop, and do plenty of fabrication work for my business. I'm completely set up for welding, machining, etc.......but I don't have the time to "build my own", nor do I wish to. I'm just hoping to get feedback from anyone here that has been down this road, and what they did to "fit" a used trailer to the hull of a boat like mine. I have never even tried it before.

My Bass Cat trailer is an awesome trailer, built with complete adjustability, within a reasonable amount, so I'm wondering what other trailers are similar in adjustability.

Cheers, and thanks for trying to spend my money.

I'd rather spend that "new trailer" money on electronics and a track system for the gunwhales of the boat.
Old 09-18-2021, 08:48 PM
Charter Member

Grand forks north dakota:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...b-94db295c2040

Detroit Lakes MN
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...b-94db295c2040
Old 09-18-2021, 08:54 PM
Charter Member

Wayland, MI

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...1-54519cb0d609
Old 09-19-2021, 10:12 PM
Minnow

I've been checking daily, and have seen these. Thanks.

I have a line on a Trailmaster dual axle bunk trailer, and am waiting on the seller to get a title for it. I live in Illinois, and we have to have title to get plates.

I'm not considering roller trailers at all. Already have one, and I hate it.