Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Kabetogama traffic - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 08-06-2020, 09:00 AM
Keeper

Thanks for the tip, looks like some nice structure over that way too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2020, 07:24 PM
Minnow

Will be making first time trip labor day week. Looking at the map of the area (staying @ Frontier Resort on Ash River) wondering if someone could give me an idea of travel time from there thru Sullivan Bay and into Namekan lake.

Thanks ahead of time.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:31 AM
guest bad boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spw2350 View Post
Will be making first time trip labor day week. Looking at the map of the area (staying @ Frontier Resort on Ash River) wondering if someone could give me an idea of travel time from there thru Sullivan Bay and into Namekan lake.

Thanks ahead of time.
Frontier is at the end of the no wake. 5 minutes to the split. I'll be there the same time period if you have questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2020, 11:39 AM
Minnow

Default Lab lake fishing

Just returned from a week at Kabetogama. Crowded beyond belief EVERYWHERE. Fishing was terrible. Talked with several groups who make multiple trips there, they weren’t catching anything. And I mean zilch. One group of 4 caught 2 fish in 5 days. One group of 9 caught 5. Stayed a week at mid lake resort and saw fish cleaning house in use a couple of times. Nobody was sure what was going on. Most fish were caught on humps of 12-20 feet adjacent to 30-40 feet. Boats were lined up waiting to get on any hump. Pressure was phenomenal. Sure would like to go back when bite is on and not as crowded. I visited the Ash River launch area. Counted 51 boat trailers in that area and I’m sure I missed a few.
Old 08-17-2020, 11:47 AM
guest bad boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerneyes View Post
Just returned from a week at Kabetogama. Crowded beyond belief EVERYWHERE. Fishing was terrible. Talked with several groups who make multiple trips there, they weren’t catching anything. And I mean zilch. One group of 4 caught 2 fish in 5 days. One group of 9 caught 5. Stayed a week at mid lake resort and saw fish cleaning house in use a couple of times. Nobody was sure what was going on. Most fish were caught on humps of 12-20 feet adjacent to 30-40 feet. Boats were lined up waiting to get on any hump. Pressure was phenomenal. Sure would like to go back when bite is on and not as crowded. I visited the Ash River launch area. Counted 51 boat trailers in that area and I’m sure I missed a few.
Unless you were talking about the visitors center for the park the Ash River access can't and never has held 51 rigs. To small.

Fishing is off but people who are slowing down and rigging deep are getting some fish. When you see people cleaning 11 & 12" fish just to say they caught some, fishing will eventually suffer.

Burn some gas and you can get away from the crowds.
Old 08-17-2020, 01:44 PM
Minnow

I agree about getting away from the crowds but it is hard to do when several others have the same idea. Yes I was talking about the visitor center access. Lots of trailers parked in areas not designated for trailers. Some were probably people camping and not necessarily fishing.
Old 08-17-2020, 01:53 PM
guest bad boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerneyes View Post
I agree about getting away from the crowds but it is hard to do when several others have the same idea. Yes I was talking about the visitor center access. Lots of trailers parked in areas not designated for trailers. Some were probably people camping and not necessarily fishing.
Yes they have a couple lots over there. They can handle a bunch of rigs. Lots of those guys that launch there either camp or are doing a day trip. Very few resort guys launch there unless they need a deep wide ramp.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:56 AM
Keeper

Dang that sounds really tough. Looks like the weather has been beautiful or will at least be if the forecast holds. I was booked for this week but had to cancel it due to personal reasons
Old 08-18-2020, 11:18 AM
Slot Fish

We were up last week and I burned through 3 tanks of gas running around looking for fish. We caught a nice over and a couple keepers But I did see alot of fish sticks being thrown in livewells. Not my definition of keepers. But we were able to avoid crowds and did some main basin/river channel leadcore trolling which was nice for the scenic part. success not so much. Was told if you want good fishing on Kab go the first 3 weeks and the last 3 weeks of the season..
Lowrance 12 HDS Live
Humminbird Helix 9 & 8
Minnkota Ulterra w/ Ipilot Link
Old 08-28-2020, 07:03 AM
Charter Member

Default more recent update if you're looking....

Just returned from Ash River Sunset resort...our alternative get a way...
Walleye fishing still slow. Four of us ate shorelunch 2 days, and brought home about 8 walleyes. Caught 50 or so total for 2.5 days.
Best presentation was spinners and crawler in about 30 feet.
Covered ground, once we saw a mark, they usually bit.
Beautiful area and weather for us--idle down and have a good time.