Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Book about fishing in NW Ontario - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 03-03-2017, 08:36 PM
Charter Member

Just rec'd my copy of this book this week and am enjoying reading it.

I fish Cedar for the Spring Opener, and it is interesting reading Mark's take on the Perrault and Cedar fisheries (included in the book is a lot of good common sense boating information. as well as detailed fishing information for any of the waters in NW Ontario).

Nice lake photos as well as marked map for Perrault - very professionally written with a personal touch.

Rich B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2017, 11:41 AM
Charter Member

another happy fisherman
Old 03-06-2017, 10:31 AM
Minnow

I also received mine over the weekend. This is a great reading book with a lot of helpful info.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:10 PM
Minnow

This book does a great job explaining the seasonal fish movements on a typical Canadian lake. It has information that can certainly be used by fishermen with any level of experience. The book kind of connects the dots from all of my Canadian trips. Some trips we caught plenty of fish, others we really struggled and never fully understood why. I let someone borrow my fist copy during deer camp, and when I picked up more copies my son took one for himself the minute I walked in the door.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:08 AM
Wallhanger

Default Update

Greetings,

The reason for this post is to offer thanks and to update the followers of this thread as to the status of my book inventory.

First of all, thanks to everyone that purchased one of my books. I am confident that each of my books has found a good home. Also, thanks to those that commented on this thread after receiving my book. Kind words are always appreciated!! I made many new friends in person and through Walleye Central because of my book.

Thanks to the Walleye Central Administrator for not "nuking" this thread. The profit from the sale of these books is miniscule. The reason for writing and self-publishing my book is that it is rewarding to me to help others enjoy the beauty of the Canada Shield in the way my wife and I have. Like I said above, I've made many new friends because of this thread.

I have four books remaining in inventory. I will retrieve a small handful of books during May when I visit a fishing lodge on Perrault Lake. I will update this thread when I return home in later May.

Kindest regards everyone.

Good Fishing and Tight Lines!!
Old 03-08-2017, 08:35 AM
Keeper

pm sent ...
Old 03-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Wallhanger

Default Update

Greetings,

Please be advised that I have one copy of my book available at this time to sell. If you are still interested in my book, PLEASE DO NOT SEND a payment of any type until we first converse via private message (or by email for those that have already received a reply from me by private message).

I should be able to obtain about five additional copies of my book when I am in NW Ontario during May. If so, I will update this thread at that time.

Good fishing and tight lines!!

Last edited by BornToFish; 03-08-2017 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:44 PM
Keeper

Default PM Sent

Hoping to get your last book if still available.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:31 PM
Slot Fish

Received my copy today. Love it! Will probably have read it from cover to cover by the end of the weekend. This is the kind of writing that I really enjoy. Bill Binkelman has always been my favorite fishing author, but Mark's prose ranks right up there.

Would be interesting to learn about more "hidden gems" like this, regarding fishing in NW Ontario, by other authors.

I hope someday you publish a 3rd edition, Mark. Kudos on the great writing!
Old 03-09-2017, 07:56 PM
Wallhanger

Default Update

Greetings,

I do not have any copies of my book to sell at this time. Thus, please do NOT send any payments to me at this time. I have a handful of copies (maybe five or so) at a fishing lodge in Ontario. I plan to bring those books home with me in late May. If so, I will update this thread at that time.

Michigan Walleye Guy - many thanks for the kind words. They are much appreciated.

Good fishing everyone and Tight Lines!!