Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund impact rigging from the dealer - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 05-28-2020, 01:56 PM
Minnow

Default Lund impact rigging from the dealer

I just bought , or will be buying a 2020 impact 1775. (Its mine just waiting to sign papers once items get rigged)

My question is how long do you guys think to expect on rigging time?

Terrova with quick release plate
Two 7in graphs at the dash
3 bank charger
And of course putting the batteries in and whatever else they need to do when purchasing.

I dropped my stuff off last Wednesday so its been a hair over a week.. i get there was a holiday and a weekend.

I was told it should be in the shop today as of noon.. just feel like its getting put off a little.

"Oh we had snags with the pontoon before your boat"
"I was just thinking of calling you to update you"
"We are even busier then the last time you were here"
"Would it break your heart if it wasn't today?"

Just feels like the typical sales guy haha. So I was curious on everyone else experience. Should I be a little pushy on this? I get they are busy but this is a almost 40k sale.

I figured it wouldn't take terribly long.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2020, 04:01 PM
Wallhanger

I rigged my boat in 2 days, it’s not that difficult. There’s nothing wrong with asking your dealer to commit to a date. I’m sure he wants his money so it’s in his best interest to finish it.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:17 PM
Wallhanger

one to two days max if the installer can stay on it dealers like everyone else in business they are trying to satisfy numerous customers and some times snags happen if it is a reputable dealer I'm sure it will work out fine. If it is critical to get done because you have a fishing trip lined up let him know that and I would assume they will accommodate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2020, 05:48 PM
Wallhanger

I can't say with all that's going on, but typically this is a busy time at the boat stores. Between the ones that went out on the Holiday and had troubles and the ones that are just unwrapping theirs I would expect a week or more unless you are their only sale. I would say ask,but if you expect to work with them getting everything the way you want don't be too demanding. JMHO Bob
Old 05-28-2020, 06:49 PM
Wallhanger

Not a normal year.
Sold boats always take top priority, but seeing as how the dealers have just been able to reopen most have many sold boats to rig.. (they are backed up). So...it depends on how quickly they get done with others sold before yours to get yours in the shop and get at it...*** and whether or not they have to wait for any parts and pieces. This is the busiest time for delivering sold boats... and this year the closures made the crunch more difficult, indeed.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:32 PM
Wallhanger

You also stated you are waiting to sign the papers. I don't know the repour you have with dealer but in my mind you haven't bought the boat yet. He may be working on SOLD boats.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:45 AM
Keeper

Mine was done in a couple days.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:33 PM
Minnow

Thanks for the replies... i picked it up Friday so didn't have much more to wait.

I guess me bugging them a couple times a day did get it going though..

We did the papers Friday and he showed me how they rigged it and all... said they just had to clean it up and itd be ready.. the sales guy had to supposedly go and clean it cause the ppl were focused on other things and we still waited a hour haha.

Oh well! I got a free helix 5 and ram mount for the bow thrown in.. not much but I got it for being so patient haha I guess.

Well i have to wait until Monday to use the new rig. Dropped it off at home and came up to LOTW for our annual summer trip.. Kills me leaving it at home. Can't wait to use it!https://images.platforum.cloud/uploa...5d2dab7727.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2020, 07:11 AM
Keeper

Hey, well at least you got something out of it. I like the color! I almost got a red/black crossover but my wife overruled me and we bought a blue 1875 crossover. Unfortunately we have only been able to take it out once. Hopefully the weather will cooperate next Saturday.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:11 AM
Wallhanger

Your problem is, you didn't give him a time table to finalize the deal.

I just purchased a new car and the dealer had to find one that suited me from a out of state dealership. So when he informed me on a Monday that he found a car and I said I would purchase it "IF" I could have it this week. He said no problem by Friday if that was OK......never purchased a car from him before and I did EVERYTHING online, including the ZERO percent financing. We picked up the car on Friday at 11 am.

EASY PEASY OH IT'S SO BREEZY............
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra