Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Black Bear Lodge - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Share A Seat

Old 08-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Wallhanger

Default Two man trip

Unfortunatly Joe was not able to have the VA move dates to allow his trip to BBL on Red Lake. We will try to set up a trip for 2014! Thanks Joe! Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Wallhanger

Default Two man trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallydave View Post
Unfortunatly Joe was not able to have the VA move dates to allow his trip to BBL on Red Lake. We will try to set up a trip for 2014! Thanks Joe! Dave
Hi Dave, some of my best trips have been "Two Man Trips". I found it doesn't get much easier or more comfortable then that. My best was just myself and my son. We take 1 cooler, 1 Rod Holder, 1 back pack and 1 dry box. Have a Great Trip!!!! I can't wait to hear you report. I have been looking at Black Bear for a long time.

P.S. When I was up in June I ran into two guys who were headed to Black Bear and they were pumped, said they loved the place.

Thank you,
Larry Mac
Old 08-05-2013, 05:03 AM
Wallhanger

Default Thanks

Larry Ill be posting a report when we return. I have had some good feedback on BBL! Maybe you, Joe, Mike and I could hit BBL one day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Wallhanger

Default Black Bear Losge

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallydave View Post
Larry Ill be posting a report when we return. I have had some good feedback on BBL! Maybe you, Joe, Mike and I could hit BBL one day!
Hi Dave, I can't wait to hear the report. Have a GREAT TRIP!!!!

Thank you
Larry Mac
Old 08-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
Hi Dave, I can't wait to hear the report. Have a GREAT TRIP!!!!

Thank you
Larry Mac
Larry Mac,

It would be great if we find some good fishing and add a couple more of the WC gang next year.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Mike Kansas
Old 08-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Keeper

[QUOTE=Mike Kansas;2009921]

It would be great if we find some good fishing and add a couple more of the WC gang next year.

I may be interested next year- it is always exciting to try out new water and I trust your opinion since you were spot on about Lost Island.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:54 PM
pup99dog

Default what is the story now

well we are waiting for the story of how things went at black bear. comon give us the dope of how the fishing was.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:16 AM
Wallhanger

Default Bbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup99dog View Post
well we are waiting for the story of how things went at black bear. comon give us the dope of how the fishing was.
Sorry for the wait, I posted the report on the Canadian board, but while I am here.....the trip went well, Mike has fished Canada for over 30 years, and has a million stories! Our cabin was a bunkhouse with a screened in porch, the foam mattresses worked great! The lodge is really nice with a deck that had a few stories told on it! The meals were good homestyle cooking.
Oh yea the fishing! The weather was sunny, and very little wind! The bite was early and later in the day, we found several good walleye spots, fish were in 20-28fow. Very light bite, biggest walleye,28in, a couple26, and every other size ! Each day we caught more fish than the day before!
I would give this lodge a second trip in a heartbeat! Nice young couple running it, meal plan is nice, the boats and motors worked well for us. Everyone takes a turn with helping with meals, checking the oil, and taking the gas can to be filled. Any questions let me know!